 Pirates / 249
248  |  250
Subject:
Two Year Before the Mast
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 20:42:07 GMT

The auction-mast.  I've been collecting Pirates actively for two years,
essentially since the last of the Pirates line when on big-time discount at
TRU.  Okay, I had snagged a Renegade Runner and Imperial Flagship when they
were on discount as tests for using them as a miniatures game, but the real
flood came when those big Redbeard Runners went on sale.

Of course, I've collected most of the old pirate line since then.  Except for
the two things I wanted most.  Unfortunately, they are the two Pirate things
EVERYONE wants most: Black Seas Barracuda and the Skull's Eye Schooner.

Of course, they are easy enough to get: just get a wheelbarrow out and fill it
with cash.  Trouble is, I got spoiled by those discount prices, so for two
years I patiently watched myself get outbid by people with more money or less
sense.

But I've noted a trend the last few months.  The Black Seas Barracuda were
starting to slip back down in price, and that money earmarked for Auczilla XI
was starting to burn a hole in my pocket.

Finally got one for the price I was holding out for (under $100).  There was
much rejoicing.

So, was I an idiot for holding out that long?  Will I be so amazed once it
arrives that I'll immediately splurge for whatever the asking price is on a
SES?  Would have been worth the extra money to not have to clean the darn
thing (looked dusty to me)?

Somewhere, Cap'n Redbeard is smiling a crooked smile.  Arrrrrr-ar-ar, matey.
;-)

Bruce