 Robotics / Handy Board / 7225
Re: Help with IR receive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 20:42:36 GMT

thanks for the help.

I just breadboarded the circuit with the RC circuit and the instability has
gone away. Now I have to get the extra components on to the HB :)

see the datasheet for details:

  http://www.sharp.co.jp/ecg/db19992000/pdf/irdusrc/is1u621.pdf

Wayne

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Dennis Clark writes:
In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Wayne Crosbie writes:
I just added the Sharp IS1U621 to my handyboard. That is apparently a • substitute
for the ISU160. When I run the simple test program:

   while (1) {if (4 & peek(0x1000)) fd(0); else bk(0);}

lights continuously flicker. When I put my logic proble on the output, it is
continuous pulse. The demodulator does not seem to be working. I also tried a
second part with the same result.

data sheet for these parts seems to indicate the need for some capacitors on
the supply and output (47uF and 1000pF respectively)

These are NOT optional components.  I saw the same thing with the IS1U60
if I didn't use the 47uf/47ohm low-pass filter on the Vdd input to the part.
Use it, your problem will go away.

have fun,
DLC