 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 590
Re: (Failed) Getting LegOS 0.2.2 working on Windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 20:59:35 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Peter Van der Beken writes:
chili : /legOS util/dll demo/helloworld.lx
sending keepalive: Invalid argument
Haven't seen this. could you try with the original loader.c, lx.c and
rcxtty.c and tell us what error it gives then. (They should be backed up as
loader.c.orig, etc. Rename the patched files as loader.c.new to keep them
around). Also, use the -v flag (dll -v demo/helloworld.lx).

Peter

The original loader.c doesn't compile, due to O_ASYNC (and other stuff) -
worked around in the patch for Windows folks. No help there ...

I did some poking and experimentation, and here's a tad more info:
- The "Invalid argument" error happens the very first time keepaliveSend() is
called.
- Using the -v verbose switch yieldsd nothing more, since dll dies before it
really gets off the ground. The IR tower LED never comes on.
- The fd returned by rcxFD() within keepaliveSend() is right and proper (4),
the same as the fd used by the RCX comm stuff in firmdl3 (which basically
works on my system).

Any further ideas?
-Jeff