 General / 12377
Re: Cool Y2K set observations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 22:37:46 GMT

Mike Petrucelli wrote:

I recently picked up a few Y2K set.  Here are a few unmentioned notes of
interest.

The artic combo set is a monstrosity of juniorizaton.  It does have a polar
bear, two parka dudes, a neon orange scorpion, and a trans blue spider.

I opted against buying it for that reason.  Wait for sale time!

The A-wing and B-wing pilots both have TRANS-YELLOW visors.

This is cool; I can give some of my BT-I guys "normal" visors now.  :)

The A-wing has 2 black "lightsaber" rods.

The Slave-I has two in light grey, and two of those jackhammer handles!  I'm also
happy about all the new steep-slopes that are appearing in Y2000 sets (Which does
not have a "K" in it **anywhere**, ahem!) across the board.  This is one of the
really good trends TLG has followed, and nearly offsets all that Juniorisation.
Must...buy...Castle...

best

LFB