 General / 12374
Re: using "lego" in domain names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 21:56:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matthew Miller writes:

There's also a few others which provide prettier front ends to the same
data. (May be slightly out-of-date, though.)
<URL:http://www.marksonline.com/> has a nice one that returns a lot of
useful information in the search-results page, so you can see what class a
trademark is in, etc., without having to click through.

It's always nice to hear when people are using our databases and finding them
useful. A note on currency of data though, just so you know. Our information
comes directly from data tapes from the US PTO and is updated weekly. This
information is the same information that is available at the PTO's site.

If anyone should have any questions about the trademark process, or our site, I
can be reached at my e-dress. I actually worked at the Trademark Office in DC
for almost ten years and have a pretty good handle on a lot of the ins and
outs. As long as it's not a legal opinion (since I'm not an attorney)I'll be
happy to help.