 General / 12175
Re: using "lego" in domain names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 21:09:26 GMT

Adrian Drake <tremor@apk.net> wrote in message news:FMqx9F.4Aw@lugnet.com...
I assume that TLC frowns greatly upon people using "lego" in domain names,
don't they?  Like ilovelego.com or everybodywantslego.com, etc.  I just • need a
little clarification, since I don't think I've ever seen a fan page with • lego
in the domain.

Michael Edwards mentioned last week in the 2000 scans thread that he had a
phone call from LEGO Denmark legal department, which he was not in to take.
At the time he assumed it was because he had the 2000 technic pictures
posted on his site, but it turned out, I  believe (following a discussion at
the UK LEGOFest), to be due to the fact he had recently registered the
domain name "technic-uk.co.uk". Clearly they treat TM infringements in this
way very seriously.

Perhaps Michael can tell us more.

Huw