 General / 12213
Re: using "lego" in domain names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 09:16:27 GMT

Paul Davidson wrote:

Just wait until someone tries trademarking all the integers. :)

(and out of curiosity, do you have some handy-dandy way of searching the
trademark databases?)
--

Paul Davidson, aka Tinman
www.theforce.net |  Your Daily Dose of Star Wars

Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote in message

To add to my point -- you know all of those people using "brick" as part • of
their site names? Well, "brick" is a registered trademark of several
different organization. Any one of these, by the logic of "no trademarks • in
domain names" could (and perhaps should!) make these sites change their
names. (Probably to site14155645, because that won't violate anybody's....
oh wait, "site" is a registered trademark of Hub Distributing Inc. So I
guess that's out.)

--
Matthew Miller                      ---> • mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                       ---> • http://quotes-r-us.org/

Intel tried it with 586 I belive. They couldn't get a trade make so they called
it the pentium instead.

--
Jonathan Wilson
wilsonj@xoommail.com