 General / 13793
Re: using "lego" in domain names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 04:15:14 GMT

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000 09:11:03 GMT, "Michael Edwards"
<medwards@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:

Yes it is illegal, Lego AS does not like the world Lego in any address on
the domain, i should know as i had the Legal Dept after me on this issue.

They came after you for

someserver.com/someusername/lego ?

That's hard to believe.  I bet I could come up with dozens of fans
whose website structures go something like

someserver.com/someusername/lego/stuff
someserver.com/someusername/lego/auctions
someserver.com/someusername/lego/moc
someserver.com/someusername/lego/inventory
someserver.com/someusername/lego/pics

etc.

Never heard of one of them being bothered for that.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/