 General / 13811
Re: using "lego" in domain names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 16:52:18 GMT

Michael Edwards wrote:

They came after me on this www.legotechnic.co.uk, even Lego explain >that the word Lego should not be used in any domains

someserver.com/someusername/lego/stuff
someserver.com/someusername/lego/auctions

The first example you gave has lego in the DOMAIN NAME, which is what
the lego lawyers were complaining about (and have for years). The
remaining examples show the word lego NOT actually in the domain name
(which in this case is someserver.com) which as far as I know is not a
problem.

Kevin
--
Email: kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com