 Marketplace / Shopping / 1865
Re: e-Commerce, Entertainer, Exchange rate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 20:55:05 GMT

Doug Finney <dfinney@wt.net> wrote:
Because they shouldn't have processed the charge in the first place (IMO).
It's probably true that the credit card company would probably not take an
actual loss anyway so that probably makes more sense.

Perhaps just a peeve of mine but I don't think any vendor should ever
process a charge until the goods are shipped.

I've heard from a couple of friends of mine who run online computer
"stores" that their merchant agreements specifically forbid charging
before shipment.  Wouldn't know that to see what some companies do,
though.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/