 Marketplace / Shopping / 1860
Re: e-Commerce, Entertainer, Exchange rate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 19:10:01 GMT

Doug Finney wrote:

In lugnet.market.shopping, Frank Filz writes:
Nick Goetz wrote:

To me it seems like a fair course of events (between the credit card and
myself that is). One day they exchanged currency a for currency b. The next
day they converted currency b back into currency a. It would have been
better for me if the order was just cancelled by the Entertainer but instead
my order was processed, completing the exchange (which to me means to me I
should be getting the sets but that is another thread :-) ) and then the
charge was refunded at a later date.

It is possible the credit card company would eat the cost, but I doubt it. I
will give them a call and see what happens.

It seems to me they should eat it. In all probability, they paid nothing
since they presumably don't exchange money on a daily basis

My guess is the CC company will pay for it but the Entertainer *should*. They
(credit card) may prefer it if you dispute the charge and refund.

Why should the vendor pay? Again, I don't think the credit card company
exchanges money on a daily basis. I don't think they even bill the
vendor on a daily basis. Also, the vendor is dealing with their local
branch of the credit card company. I wouldn't be surprised if the
branches of the credit card companies only pass money back and forth on
a quarterly (or perhaps monthly) basis.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com