 Local / United Kingdom / 2429
Re: The wife problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 20:27:37 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Ian Bishop writes:

Basic deception

Keep the new stuff in the boot of the car (or some other place she
doesn't look, eg the garage, shed etc) until she's out - difficult if
you buy stuff while out shopping with her though. Be careful she doesn't
go in the boot before you've had a chance to move the stuff indoors
though or you're in double trouble (buying the stuff in the first place,
then not declaring it).

I like the Phony Office-Gift-Exchange trick (although it only works once a
year, but every brick counts). Tell her you have to buy a $15 gift for [insert
phony name here] at the office for a Secret-Santa kind of deal. Wrap it, take
it to work, exchange it for Lego on your lunch break, and come home with your
new Christmas present (she'll be EXPECTING Lego; what else would you have
asked for from your co-workers?).