 Local / United Kingdom / 2358
Re: The wife problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 12:18:27 GMT

Absolutely brill.

I've played most of these cards at one time or another. And I thought I
had things pretty much under control of late. I even made vague noises
about sticking to a budget, not spending more than I took in and all
other sorts of rash statements that I hope never to actually be held to.

But everything came unraveled yesterday. My "The Entertainer" order came
via post... quoting from an Irate Josette(tm) "What the *!@$# are we
going to do with ***12*** huge boxes! The postperson is complaining that
she needs a bigger car. How much WAS that anyway?... and DON'T send me
to the post office with your big boxes again, I had to stand in line for
a 1/2 hour for you." (1)

1 - that actually was non LEGO, Jo had threatened to throw away my IBM
PC Convertible (dual floppy disk 80C68 antique laptop) so I put it up on
eBay for 1 cent plus postage for everything. Two huge boxes and they DID
weigh a ton.