 Trains / 3229
Re: What is the largest lego steam engine ever built?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 22:44:55 GMT

Dan
Now that is unbelieveable! I must have missed that original posting!
http://www.visi.com/~blackened/gallery/loco/loco.html

Larry or anyone. What does the real Big Boy look like (from the top) when
going around a tight curve? Is there a pic anywhere? Where are the pivot
points?
SteveB

In lugnet.trains, Daniel Siskind writes:
In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Wilson writes:
What is the largest lego steam engine ever built and who built it?

--
Jonathan Wilson
wilsonj@xoommail.com

I would say my Big Boy model would be a fair contender - the locomotive is 64
bricks long and the tender is an additional 33 bricks, making a grand total of
97 bricks.  The wheel arrangement for a Big Boy is 4-8-8-4 plus another 7 • axels
on the tender.  There is a picture of a very early prototype on my web site,
but I will be posting pics of the radically different final model soon.

Dan

Brick Mania!
Unofficial LEGO website and online store
http://www.visi.com/~blackened