 Star Wars / 5050
Re: SW Lego Contest Winners Announced and Voting Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 22:20:32 GMT

Hey Joel-

Joel Kuester wrote:

wow!  thanks for picking my Falcon as one of
the models.... I am honored!  Especially with
Ben Fleskes' awesome Falcon being in the contest
I was sure it would be ignored...
Thanks for running the contest at all, it has been
a lot of fun to see all the variations on the
same ships.  And most of them are as good or
better than the official sets  :)

I loved Ben's MF too--but I've got to say that I was really impressed
with a lot of the solutions you came up with, yet still kept it
absolutely beautiful...especially the cockpit solution, which looks
really good (despite having to be a bit "open" to the elements).  Both
MFs offered incredibly well-considered solutions to the problems of
working in minifig scale with a ship that's not even size-consistent in
the movies, so kudos to both--I can only hope to be so thoughtful in my
own creations.  I'd never seen any of your things before, and I found
them all extremely impressive, impossible to ignore (although making
voting choices was about the hardest thing in the world to do!).

Congratulations to all the deserving winners, but congratulations also
to all of the entrants for making this the hardest vote I've *ever* had
to make!  It was a real treat.

best

Lindsay

---