 Star Wars / 5060
Re: SW Lego Contest Winners Announced and Voting Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 05:24:37 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

Hey Joel-
I loved Ben's MF too--but I've got to say that I was really impressed
with a lot of the solutions you came up with, yet still kept it
absolutely beautiful...especially the cockpit solution, which looks
really good (despite having to be a bit "open" to the elements).  Both
MFs offered incredibly well-considered solutions to the problems of
working in minifig scale with a ship that's not even size-consistent in
the movies, so kudos to both--I can only hope to be so thoughtful in my
own creations.  I'd never seen any of your things before, and I found
them all extremely impressive, impossible to ignore (although making
voting choices was about the hardest thing in the world to do!).

hey, thanks so much, you are too kind!

I personally think it's hard to put Ben's and my Falcon
on the comparison block because we were each designing
them with a very different goal in mind.  I know he spent an
enormous amount of energy making all those great working
gadgets and stuff like the shooting missles and escape pods...
whereas I was basically concerned in making an accurate interior
to see if it could be done.  I think we were both very successful
in what we were trying to do, although I admit his would be more
fun to play with!

Congratulations to all the deserving winners, but congratulations also
to all of the entrants for making this the hardest vote I've *ever* had
to make!  It was a real treat.

I agree!  When I saw all those entries... I thought to myself,
"wow I don't envy Pat having to choose one for each category!"

cheers!
Joel