 Dear LEGO / 881
Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 22:24:44 GMT

Brad Justus <legodirect@lego.com> wrote in message
Questions have been raised recently regarding our stance toward the
publication (scanned and posted) of our catalogs,

However, the posting of retailer catalogs is a completely different • matter.
Though such catalogs may come to be in the possession of consumers (either • by
mistake or improper means), these are not materials which are intended • for,
nor are freely available to, the public.  Such publications, while perhaps • of
interest to the enthusiast community, are communications between our • company
and our trade partners and do not belong online. Their release violates • the
LEGO Group's copyrights in those catalogs and may also jeopardize the LEGO
Group's ability to protect its other intellectual property rights (i.e. • patent
and trademark).  Therefore, if such a catalog or other trade material does
happen to fall into your hands, you may NOT publish this off- or on-line • in
any form.  (Note: even the digitization of analog material is itself a
copyright violation.)  Please understand that we must take appropriate • steps
to enforce this policy, if necessary.

Thanks for the clarification.

I was the guilty party who breifly posted the 2000 retailers scans. I
apologise for this, and will not be making them publically available again.

Huw