 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 588
587  |  589
Subject:
Getting LegOS 0.2.2 working on Windows (Oddities)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 19:32:40 GMT

To Peter, Luis, and everybody else who put together the LegOS-on-Windows
installation instructions: bravo! In most ways, everything worked perfect --
and on a Windows 2000 laptop, no less!

There are, however, two glitches:
1 -  When I run firmdl3 on the .srec, I usually have to try several times
before getting a complete download of the firmware. Somewhere around 300
(sometimes earlier, sometimes later), firmdl3 burps up a "Permission denied."
Eventually, I'm able to download the firmware successfully, however ... only
to find ...

2 - ... that dll barfs when I run it on either of the demo .lx files, with the
error:

    sending keepalive: Invalid argument

apparently coming from the keepaliveSend() func in keepalive.c.

Ideas on 1 or -- more importantly -- 2?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

p.s. I applied the dll patch indicated in the instructions, though the patch
doesn't actually touch keepalive.c, so that's not an issue.