 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 587
Re: Call for debugging support
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 16:41:43 GMT

Luis Villa <liv@duke.edu> wrote:
Mario Ferrari and Marco Beri also referred to a "native" pthreads library
when they first released emuLegOS, but I can't actually find a link from
their page. Don't even know if either of them read this list anymore, but
you might want to look for them.

You can take for sure that I read this ng, and I'd bet on Marco too :-)

Yes, I've not been posting for a while. I've been very busy organizing the
Italian Lego Users Group website (http://www.itlug.org) and this took a
great deal of my spare time. I still have to try and install the new legOs,
but I know it's great because Markus showed it to me at the Mindfest.

About emulegOs, and don't know what its future will be. Probably it will be
discontinued or left at its current stage. Some reasons for this:

- The native support for legOS debugging will greatly decrease the need of
emulators.
- Frank Mueller & C. released another simulator which appears to be much
more complete and refined than emulegOs. I think it's stupid to double the
effort of mantaining code for two similar programs. We simply keep the best.
- emulegOs was born by chance and for fun. It's been actually great fun to
implement it. But keeping it up to date will become a *job*, and I need my
spare time to play with my Lego...:-)

I must stress than I'm talking for myself and these are my own idea and my
own point of view. Marco Beri and Mark Falco, who actually did most of the
work on emulegOs, may disagree and have other plans. I'm absolutely
respectful of their ideas, their competence and their great efforts.

As for the pthreads for Win lib, there's a copy inside the emulegos zip
file. You can find it here:

http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari/emulegos.html

Mario

Web page: http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari