 Trains / *7469 (-100)
  4558, 4547, 4554, 4565

Does Anyone Know where i can find these sets, auctions and other internet sales aside? i would be mostly interested in a trade. I have 100's of thousands of lego pieces in my collection, so i'm sure i'll have what you need. Thanks. Braden Fox (24 years ago, 3-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  WWLTA (was: Calling all MOCs)

Steve and Fans of LEGO Trains, How about we go one step further. How about a World Wide LEGO Train Association (WWLTA?) with a web site and maybe a news letter. It could be like a web ring for the LEGO Train Clubs and fan of LEGO trains (ex: NFL.com (...) (24 years ago, 2-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: My gas turbine has been retired from my layout and scrapped, however...

Harvey, Hope to see more of your stuff soon. If it's anything like the SW8 switcher, that you had last week when we met, the pictures should be great. To bad about the gas turbine locomotive, I was look forward to see it at the show. Build on... (...) (24 years ago, 2-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Calling all MOCs

James you are right on. And there have been several ideas like this in the last few years that fizzeled out. And other ideas, like I wanted to do a nation wide LTC and/or LUG convention, I just didn't have the energy to carry that foward. But there (...) (24 years ago, 2-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Calling all MOCs

These are all great and very important questions. As a start I really wanted to just get a list of MOCs. It will be hard to judge the quality of a MOC with bad photos but with that in mind hopefully we can judge more fairly based on MOC and not (...) (24 years ago, 2-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  My gas turbine has been retired from my layout and scrapped, however...

Hello everyone, just wanted to let everyone know that I'll soon be able to post some of my train MOC's. (I'll be using BrickShelf) I've also assembled some new stuff using the pieces from my defunct gas turbine locomotive. WARNING: These MOC's are (...) (24 years ago, 2-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Calling all MOCs

Steve, What about photo quality? Some bad pictures have been taken of some great models. Have you thought about how good photos would be collected? Or does anyone else have any suggestions about how the photos of the chosen models should taken, and (...) (24 years ago, 2-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Calling all MOCs

Steve, This kind of goes with the idea I had last year about some kind of MOC LEGO Train calendar, it not that I wanted a calendar its just that I thought it would be cool to have a collection of all the great works people have done. And it would be (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Funicular conclusion

Nice thread... So here are some ideas. Two parallel tracks on an incline. Between the tracks at the top of the incline is a motor that has a chain draped around a gear on the motor’s shaft. The chain is roughly the length of the track on the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Calling all MOCs

Hi All, I have been thinking about some kind of project based on gathering images, instructions and/or stories about MOC LEGO train designs (and maybe structures later). I’m not sure if it’s a coffee table book, a web site, a CD… maybe a Hall of (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NGLTC invited to display at Atlanta History Center Holiday show

Well I don't have a problem with that, they are more than welcome. ---- James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) Walsh <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:000401c01443$89...org.com... Sounds like a good event to collect (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: PNLTC G2K Video for LTCs...

There has been a bit of confusion, so let me clear up a point; I'm from the (S.F.) Bay Area LEGO Train Club... I was a guest at the PNLTC G2K event, taking some pictures and shooting some video between all of the fun and trains. But (here's the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  RE: NGLTC invited to display at Atlanta History Center Holiday show

Sounds like a good event to collect the ambassador cars for! Mike -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of James J. Trobaugh Sent: Friday, September 01, 2000 12:01 PM To: (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot?

(...) Matt - Great to see you're alive and well. Regarding your Train Depot - If I were in your situation, I too would choose time with my kids over computer work. Perhaps you could let one of us single LEGO-Train-nut-computer-geek types take over (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  NGLTC invited to display at Atlanta History Center Holiday show

The Atlanta History Center ((URL) has invited the NGLTC to participate in their 2000 Holiday Candle Light Show. This year's theme is "Toys & Trains". There will be a private showing on November 29 open to private contributors of the center and on (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Re: Just bought a digital camera

(...) Why because they are of train mocs would storage of the photos on a floppy disc be better than storage on say smartcards? Not sure in what way the subject matter would determine the storage mechanism, apart from image size (some subjects would (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot?

(...) I have just uploaded some of the missing pictures in my brickshelf gallery: (URL) one hint: I haven't the permission to do so, but I think Herbert Meier who (owner the copyright afaik) should have no problem with that, since he asked Matt once (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Funicular conclusion

(...) Playing with this last night, I could get the engine to climb roughly 45% slope, which was steep enough that the problem I ws having was that the train wheels didn't have enough weight to hold them on the track... James (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot?

(...) I meant exactely that: the pictures do exist and they just need to be uploaded on Matt's site: Since some of the pictures (like for e.g. 725) look like broken links, there is maybe nothing more to do than this. (Of course an update to the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  A Reguest(was Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot?)

(...) Hello Matt, Glad to see your are still around. My name is Alex farlie, I am currently trying to get together a fan-zine with a Lego(R) slant. I was wondering if you would be willing to allow material from the train depot to be included in the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot?

How about "subcontracting" some of the work? ----- Original Message ----- From: Reinhard "Ben" Beneke <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> To: <lugnet.trains@lugnet.com> Sent: Friday, September 01, 2000 10:40 AM Subject: Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot? (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot?

(...) Dear Matt, what about a just small update of your set reference? One of my German friends has drawned further small pictures (in the same style than yours) and he would be willing to share them. Your site with the pictorial list is still one (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC update CP Royal Hudson 4-6-4

Steve, Thanks, I missed that detail (the tongue). Chris (...) -- PGP public key available upon request. (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: exterior ducting on SD40-2's?

(...) Thank you, thank you, thank you for clearing that up. I'll move my minifig to the correct side right away! Chris (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: exterior ducting on SD40-2's?

(...) On a Conrail unit running short hood foward, the engineer is on the right hand side, the fireman is on the left. NS units being part of the N&W and Southern, famous for long hood foward operation, if you were running long hood foward, the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC update CP Royal Hudson 4-6-4

Chris, You're absolutely right. Ben Fleskes figured this out early on. The driver wheel assembaly is pinned on both ends. The back is pinned to the rear power truck that pivots and translates up and down and the front to a "tounge" that pivots and (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC update CP Royal Hudson 4-6-4

(...) Hey Steve, Very cool model. I notice that all of the wheels are linked together, and the wheels are attached to the front and the back of the engine. This isn't a problem when the train goes through curves? If you pin down the ends, doesn't (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: exterior ducting on SD40-2's?

(...) Jeff, Just trying to get this straight in my head. With the short hood forward, the engineer's side is the left side, and the fireman's side is the right side. With the long hood forward, the sides are reversed; kinda like driving your car (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Funicular conclusion

(...) Simple...Sideways/Locharbar(sp) rack...need I say more? James (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot?

(...) That's understandable,i now have 3 kids old enough to build with myself.By the way ,i agree with you when you say the airport shuttle is the best town set ever made! (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot?

I do. I simply don't have time to update it any more. Now that my kids are old enough to play with Lego, I build stuff with them rather than spend time updating my website. Matt (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Funicular conclusion

(...) I've tried this one with a Technic motor driving a cogwheel and carrying its own battery pack. It worked fairly well but I was disappointed to discover that it was outperformed (in terms of maximum incline) by an old 4.5V train motor using (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC update CP Royal Hudson 4-6-4

Gosh, Thanks Steve! Imitation is surely one form of praise. However, what you've done is taken a few of my ideas and taken them a few steps further with your own innovations. Notably the use of 4x4 round bricks with half of a 4x4 turntable (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC update CP Royal Hudson 4-6-4

Nice! I love to see steam engines. Nice use of purple too. The original autotrain used purple, and I am always reminded of it when I see purple trains. "sebarile-MOBL" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:G04s58.IB6@lugnet.com... (...) (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Funicular conclusion

(...) Or skip the Lego train motor altogether and use batteries. If you need more control, build in an RCX. /Eric McC/ (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Funicular conclusion

(snip) (...) I'd use a extension cord aproach, instead. It lets you get away with a weird width, and would eliminate using a extra motor as dead ballast weight to pull up and down. I'm now trying to think how to make a real funicular using lego and (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Funicular conclusion

(...) <snip> (...) Well, if you're willing to use 9v track and a regular train motor, I'd observe that there is a power connection on top of the train motor, noramlly used for lights. So even though the train motor is slipping, it can provide (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC update CP Royal Hudson 4-6-4

Thank guys! It's always an encouragement to get positve comments from the masters! Not to mention both of you guys have been a tremendous inspiration for me and I'm sure all of lugnet.train guys. It's really great to have the web and lugnet to share (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Funicular conclusion

So far we have seen some examples of a funicular railways, let take a look at them the first one - don't know how i drives (if at all) how can they drive: * 2 tracks and a chain - can probably be done with a wire in Lego * tooth railway (coqwheel (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Just bought a digital camera

(...) all of our pictures ((URL) were taken with a mavica 88 (I think that's the model - not the 83, not the 91)... I love it - I like the macro capabilities on it, and I love the floppy disks :) Dan (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Funicular Preview

(...) There are two operating inclines in Pittsburgh, the Duquesne and the Monongahela. The Monongahela is operated by the city port authority while the Duquesne is run by a not-for-profit org. IMO, Duquesne is the neater of the two for much of the (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Funicular Preview

(...) What seperates a "funicular" from an "incline" besides being in a French-speaking area? eric (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Funicular Preview

There's one in Niagara Falls, ONT too...it's a true Funicular, runs from Table Rock up to Clifford St. James (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Funicular Preview

(...) And, if we're going to bring inclines into it, there's one in Pittsburgh: (URL) I think there's another one, too, but I actually rode the Duquesne (that doo-kane) Incline, so it's the one I remember. eric (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Container Width (was Re: New MOC: Cargo Sprinter)

(...) It's the ISO standard, when you see (if you ever have) a container ship listing, it will be for xyz TEU- for example, ASL Sanderling (that cruises between here and somewhere else, Halifax I think) has roughtly 5x8x4.5x2=360 TEU (which is (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Just bought a digital camera

Hey everybody, I just purchased a Sony Mavica series 85 digital camera. Is there anybody out there who uses this particular model to photograph their Train MOC's? I thought a floppy disc camera would be the best for this type of stuff. I'm looking (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Funicular Preview

(...) My wife and I rode one in St. Moritz, at the eastern end of the Swiss mountain railway system. It was a wonderful view from the top - the Alps were visible reaching into Austria and Italy, all covered with a layer of fresh snow. Steve (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC update CP Royal Hudson 4-6-4

(...) Great design, Steve! I like the front of the boiler and the details of the drivers cab as well as the coulor of that engine. "Leg Godt!" Ben my homepage: (URL) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Container Width (was Re: New MOC: Cargo Sprinter)

(...) standard (...) 5-wide is definitely the best looking solution. I think it might look even a little better if you build them not in the same height as the 6-wides... "Leg Godt!" Ben (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: exterior ducting on SD40-2's?

(...) Our GP-38-2's have the same arrangement. At the very end of the raised platform, where it drops back down to the lower level, on the engineer's side is a small storage area used to hold extra knuckles and a length of heavy duty chain. As far (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Container Width (was Re: New MOC: Cargo Sprinter)

(...) standard (...) Your idea and Frank's are different. I think yours may be more economical of parts. To be even MORE economical on the 1x2 with center top stud part which is a somewhat hard to come by part, consider plugging in 1xn plates into (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  What happened to Matt's Train Depot?

Since nearly a year now, there are no news on Matt's Lego Train Depot. I found this to be a very good site in matters of Lego trains. But wy is this site so quiet now? Does somebody know what happened? Michael (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC update CP Royal Hudson 4-6-4

Sweet. How many cars in your RG set? 50 feet of straight track. That must have been quite a sight. Beautiful work, Steve. later, James Mathis (...) set (...) colorized (...) This (...) 50' (...) both (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  MOC update CP Royal Hudson 4-6-4

Hi All, I modified my Canadian Pacific Royal Hudson 4-6-4. The stripe is McD set purple. The camera I shot the pics with keeps thinking its blue so I colorized most of the pics... in Photoshop. The pics can be found on BrickShelf. This version was (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Container Width (was Re: New MOC: Cargo Sprinter)

(...) standard (...) The 5-wide container looks great on the 6-wide train. Looks like 5-wide may be the winner. (...) Sorry, ASCII art just doesn't work well anymore, no one ever used fixed space fonts anymore. My method was different, but your (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Funicular Preview

You don't have to go to Europe. Here's one in Tennessee: (URL) rode it this summer. Pretty cool. A bit thrilling at the top. :-) - Greg (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Container Width (was Re: New MOC: Cargo Sprinter)

I've attempted a 5-wide container to place on my Cargo Sprinter or the standard LEGO road trucks with trailers that hold the "normal" 4 wide by 16 long LEGO design containers. This 5-wide container can stack above or below 4 wide containers. It (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  PNLTC G2K Video for LTCs...

Hi again, folks. I posted before, but it was a sub-thread to another message, and I've lost track of the replies. I've put together a 2-hour video of random stuff during the G2K event, including the longest track run, and most of the longest train, (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Container Width (was Re: New MOC: Cargo Sprinter)

James Powell <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message news:G01vM9.9Er@lugnet.com... (...) trains (...) be (...) TEU (...) by (...) but (...) 8' wide and 8'6" high is correct. I suppose that the industry you are in would determine what is (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Cargo Sprinter

(...) color (...) Oh, yes. That's great! I bought several Flash Speeder sets. I can't believe I forgot it has the window. I was too focused on all the cool green pieces! (...) Thanks. later, James Mathis (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) I did mine more as a example of a minimalisitic aproach to a container train than a copy of the real thing. (more like freelance design for the <o> company than a copy). Design constraints included: using the small train wheels (because I (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Cargo Sprinter

(...) It's very available in clear these days: just buy a Landspeeder or a Flash Speeder (both of which have lots of other good parts too). Great models as usual, thanks for sharing. Steve (the GMLTC fan of European trains) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) as (...) minimizing (...) Cool! I look forward to seeing the pictures. Trailing trucks? Are these the central cars that do not have a cab? later, James Mathis (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

Christopher Masi <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message news:39AAE89A.25CEB7...ane.edu... SNIP (...) Woo hoo! Another convert! Mike Poindexter (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

Again, excellent work. Thanks for the picture. It really cleared up how the 1/2 stud offset is achieved. Bryan "Christopher Masi" <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  exterior ducting on SD40-2's?

The other day I finally noticed that the base of an SD40-2 is not the same on both sides. On the side with the bulge that contains the blower, the base is thick, and it thins out just after reaching the rear truck. On the other side, the base is the (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) I look forward to seeing it. Chris (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) No, if the cab is 6 wide, and the trailing trucks are 4 wide (the same width as the containers) it doesn't look too weird, it looks like someone was minimizing the train to be the smallest/lightest it could be (which is what I have done)...No (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

(...) It may be a while be fore I get more things made, but when I make more I'll let everyone know. Many of the details on the 8-wide engine comes right off my 6-wide version. The vents, the blower housing, the railing, and parts of the radiator (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

(...) Actually, the big thing I did that does not agree with the pictures of the N-20's that I have seen is that I put the chimney on the long side of the caboose. All the pictures I saw have the chimney on the short side. Oh well. By the way, I (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

(...) Hi Bryan, Thanks, the cupola is stacked on top of some 1x2 center stud plates. I added a picture to show how the cupola is attached. (URL) "Christopher Masi" <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) Man, a four wide cargo sprinter would look VERY strange. Everything you have said makes a lot of sense. Five wide containers would look nice on a six wide car, they are certainly possible, but they are not practical. I would also guess that (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wheel Car

(...) No, I certainly wasn't!!! :-) I'd go 6 wide flat with racks that were 7 wide to hold the rails one plate off the floor and staggered a half stud. I find that I am OK with things hanging over the edge a bit, many of my models are a bit wider (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) (to (...) Arguably if your SD is 8 wide, a Cargo Sprinter to the same "scale" (I know, I know, there is no scale) should be 6 wide because containers are narrower than standard rail cars. However a 4 wide Cargo Sprinter would look pretty (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Container Width (was Re: New MOC: Cargo Sprinter)

(...) One way to do this would be to build the bottom layer as 4 wide (actually, probably 2 or 3 plate heights). If one didn't mind having to slightly modify 4-wide containers to work on your car designed for 5-wide containers, and don't mind having (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Funicular Preview

(...) Sort of. A funicular is normally moved by arranging the top car to be heavier than the bottom car, and changing that around :). This is usually done using water, filling a tank under the upper car with water, and emptying the lower car's (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Funicular Preview

(...) I think it a funicular is pulled by cables rather than rack. But, I'm not for sure. Maybe "funicular" is a more general name for any type of steep rail car that is shaped like a parallelogram? By the way, thanks for pointing out the rack rail (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Container Width (was Re: New MOC: Cargo Sprinter)

(...) Good one :-) I agree the four wides look too small, but the six wides look too big. I suspect that on an eight wide car, the six wides would look right, but the photos I saw of some of the ambassador cars with six on six just didn't work IMO. (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Funicular Preview

(...) What is the difference between a funicular and rack rail car? I remember seeing this rack train a few months ago: (URL) the funicular dragged by cables instead of self-powered? -- Thomas Main main@appstate.edu (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Funicular Preview

Thank you. Good photos. For the rail line, I am reminded through your photo that two rail cars need a siding by-pass section. Good to see a photo of the inside showing how the seats are arranged. later, James Mathis (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

Chris, Being very new at building MOC trains, I've got one question. How did you do the 1/2 stud offset on the caboose? It really looks like a professional job. Bryan "Christopher Masi" <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

(...) the NS cabooses we have around here the chairs in each half of the cupola actually face each other. This way when you're sitting in one chair, you can reach your legs across and rest your feet on the opposite one and still have a good view of (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) [snip] (...) Yes, we know. And even "worse": they are georgeous models. Nevertheless I will stay 6-wide for my MOCs. The only 7-wide I've built is recycled to a (better looking) 6-wide..... "Leg Godt" Ben BTW: James, I like the latest version (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Container Width (was Re: New MOC: Cargo Sprinter)

(...) I hate to be the one to point this out, but it should be 5x12 for a TEU. TEU is the base unit for containers, ISO standards are 8'6" (high) x8'(wide) by 20'(long) (if I have it wrong, it is the high and wide mixed up), and everything is based (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

(...) Thanks for posting the links Chris! At first view I was astonished about these high detailed models: whow! It took at least a whole minute till I realized they are 8-wides. That might have helped to make them appear so realistic, but still (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Funicular Preview

(...) There is a prototype for EVERYTHING! Funiculars are externally powered. Yet this... (...) lighting? No way could the funicular itself be providing motive power! Fascinating. ++Lar (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Funicular Preview

just more pics: (URL) good for studying ----- Original Message ----- From: James Mathis <thakius@nmt.edu> To: <lugnet.trains@lugnet.com> Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2000 1:11 AM Subject: Re: New MOC: Funicular Preview (...) very (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

"Christopher Masi" <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message news:39AADF73.7988FD...ane.edu... (...) Great models! I really like the presentation of the caboose, I love the cutaway views - it gives a good impression of all the detail you (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

(...) Thanks (...) The inside was a lot of fun. (...) Thanks James. It is funny how far my models have come. The work that all of you do keeps me thinking about doing new things. Chris (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

(...) Thanks, err...yeah...they are eight wide. If you count the railings that stick out on the sides they are actually like 10 or 11 wide. Chris (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

Yep, I am replying to myself. I should have said this to start with, but I guess I was being cagey because I decided to go eight wide. First, going 8-wide was a very hard decision to make, and I nearly canned the attempt before it really got off the (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Container Width (was Re: New MOC: Cargo Sprinter)

(...) I personally am planning on going 6 wide for containers. I guess 5 wide would be a possibility, I really won't be having doors in my containers (the windows w/shutters in the old Maersk truck would be neat to get, and with availability of (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wheel Car

(...) Right, I just popped the wheelsets out of the frames. I was referring that modeling two sets of rails in order to stagger the wheelsets would be difficult to model in a six wide car since there has to be four studs between the rails. Now, that (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Funicular Preview

Here's another photo of the Vevey-Mt Pelerin funicular: (URL) Mathis (...) bricks (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Funicular Preview

(...) help (...) The funicular we rode started in Vevey, and made stops in towns up to Mt. Pelerin. This is near Montreax on Lake Geneva. We bought some nice wine at a family owned winery when we stopped in Chardonne- chatted some with the owners as (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

Locomotive: The vents, railing, and stairs are very elegant! I really like the 1/2 stud offset for the 1/4 curved inset blue bricks. Very very nice. Caboose: Everybody who sees my trains asks, "Where's the caboose?" Sigh. You've got nice detail, (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) I didn't look at the Markin photos, so I thought that the Cargo Sprinter was the same size as a regular train. But since you say that these are small trains then OK. As to stumping 8-wide...I think I am a convert. My two latest creations are (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New models

Just looked at them. They are beautif.....egads....they're 8wide! "Christopher Masi" <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message news:39AADF73.7988FD...ane.edu... (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) Chris, 8 wide may be a bit much. The proto and Markin photos make it clear (to me anyway) that the cab width and chassis/frame width are within a very few inches of the container width if not actually exactly the same (which is my guess). (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) I agree with Larry. I kinda like the 6-wide window better. I wonder if an eight wide car with the six wide window and the 1x3x1 red slopes would look even better? With a six wide car I like the six wide window. Chris (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact