 Trains / 7110
Re: Wheel Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 23:34:14 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Disagree. That's what grey straight track rail is for!!! Or use tiles set on
end between studs. I assume you popped the wheelsets out of 9V wheelset
assemblies to do what you did so far, right?

Right, I just popped the wheelsets out of the frames.  I was referring
that modeling two sets of rails in order to stagger the wheelsets would
be difficult to model in a six wide car since there has to be four studs
between the rails.  Now, that could be done in an eight wide car, but
I'm not sure you were advocating that :)  This model did actually start
out as an eight wide experiment but I could get the proportions right,
maybe next time.

This is often done slowly, on track specially laid (from prefab brought on a
special car) for the purpose.

This special car was going to be my next project.

-chris