 Trains / 7096
Re: Wheel Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 18:19:27 GMT

Chris,
Nice wheel car.  What's the red panel?  Needs more wheels.  Did you damage
the wheelset or sideframes when you separated them?

"Christopher Tracey" <ctracey@envirolink.org> wrote in message
For a tension tamer before the first week of classes, I dug out a lot of
the lego that has been packed away for several weeks due to my move and
built this wheel carrier car.

It was inspired from a reference picture that I saw in an
Erie-Lackawanna color guide.  The prototype was an old 40ft gondola that
was had its sides cut down.  I couldn't find a good way to simulate the
vertical ribs on the model- any suggestions?  The red thinwalls
simulated the primered steel from an unfinished repair job...  ok- i
can't find the rest of my black thinwalls. :)

Does anyone know anything more about these cars.  What does the bed of
the car look like? and how are the wheels(the ones being carried)
attached/secured?  "wheel car train" is a difficult search to get
applicable results. :/

-chris