 Trains / 7195
Re: Calling all MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 06:26:59 GMT

These are all great and very important questions. As a start I really wanted
to just get a list of MOCs. It will be hard to judge the quality of a MOC with
bad photos but with that in mind hopefully we can judge more fairly based on
MOC and not photography skills. At least this is a good first step and fairly
non-envasive. I plan on one small step at a time.

However once selected it is almost imparitive to have good "pro-ish" photos,
especially for print (if the project goes that direction).
One idea is I can setup small model photo studio with lights... with some
advice from some photographer friends and have the MOCs mailed to me to be
photographed.

I also have in mind that a small write up (micro interview) on each MOC would
be part of the package. What the MOC was modeled after (and photos), special
details, best know or new methods, tips & tricks... Instructions would be
cool...

Just thinking outloud online.

SteveB

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes:
Steve,

What about photo quality? Some bad pictures have been taken of some great
models. Have you thought about how good photos would be collected? Or does
anyone else have any suggestions about how the photos of the chosen models
should taken, and in what format, i.e. film or digital?

Chris

sebarile-MOBL wrote:

Hi All,
        I have been thinking about some kind of project based on gathering
images, instructions and/or stories about MOC LEGO train designs (and maybe
structures later). I’m not sure if it’s a coffee table book, a web site, a • CD…
maybe a Hall of Fame web site or CD, whatever. In any case I would like to
start gathering pointers to the best works. I was hoping that people could
nominate MOCs and then I’ll setup either a lugnet vote or a small committee.

I really don’t want this to turn in to a competition, it’s really just a
snapshot of the best works to date. So if you are interested please send me
submissions and be specific to an image or page dedicated to the MOC. Don’t • be
bashful to send your own stuff! I will keep all nominations anonymous as • well
as the list until it is ready to vote on.

Your submission should contain: