 Trains / 7148
Re: Container Width (was Re: New MOC: Cargo Sprinter)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 00:10:42 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
I've attempted a 5-wide container to place on my Cargo Sprinter or the • standard
LEGO road trucks with trailers that hold the "normal" 4 wide by 16 long LEGO
design containers.

This 5-wide container can stack above or below 4 wide containers.

It seems pretty versatile.  But, the mounting points on the bottom of the
5-wide are inset by 1/2 stud; this interupts the smoothness of the container
"box".  But, the standard LEGO design 4-wide containers have discontinuity
along their base, as well, so maybe it doesn't matter?

The 5-wide container looks great on the 6-wide train. Looks like 5-wide may be
the winner.

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/cargosprinter.html

Sorry, I can't visualize the drawing shown below.  Maybe I've duplicated what
has already been done?

Sorry, ASCII art just doesn't work well anymore, no one ever used fixed space
fonts anymore. My method was different, but your solution looks just as good
or better.

Frank