 Trains / 7092
Re: New MOC: Cargo Sprinter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 15:24:27 GMT

Very nice model.  I don't know much about Euro Trains, but I think you
captured the prototype very well.

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message
This is a version 1 design study for the German DB Cargo Sprinter • container
train set.

Very compressed compared to its real-life counterpart, it looks a bit odd • in
relation.  But, I think it imparts some familiarity.

I have tried to use a minimum of "special" pieces.  If one discounts the
actual cargo containers, I think maybe the only special piece is the • control
cab front window.  Any comments on the availability of this window glass • type
of 1 tall, 6 wide, 3 deep clear sloping window?  Is trans-green the only • color
easily available right now?

The control cabs feature stud-forward design.  I don't know if this is a • good
or a bad thing for this model.  I certainly welcome your comments! • Compare it
to the real-life photos:  How would you model the slope?

I believe Larry P. teased me regarding building this Cargo Sprinter some • months
ago.  So, here's a first go.

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/cargosprinter.html

Containers:
I think I have built an interesting container uses garage door slats.  I • know,
these parts are not easily available these days, but it doesn't • necessarily
have to be considered part of the Cargo Sprinter.

Thanks for looking.
later,
James Mathis