 Trains / 7065
New MOC: Cargo Sprinter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 23:08:47 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

This is a version 1 design study for the German DB Cargo Sprinter container
train set.

Very compressed compared to its real-life counterpart, it looks a bit odd in
relation.  But, I think it imparts some familiarity.

I have tried to use a minimum of "special" pieces.  If one discounts the
actual cargo containers, I think maybe the only special piece is the control
cab front window.  Any comments on the availability of this window glass type
of 1 tall, 6 wide, 3 deep clear sloping window?  Is trans-green the only color
easily available right now?

The control cabs feature stud-forward design.  I don't know if this is a good
or a bad thing for this model.  I certainly welcome your comments!  Compare it
to the real-life photos:  How would you model the slope?

I believe Larry P. teased me regarding building this Cargo Sprinter some months
ago.  So, here's a first go.

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/cargosprinter.html

Containers:
I think I have built an interesting container uses garage door slats.  I know,
these parts are not easily available these days, but it doesn't necessarily
have to be considered part of the Cargo Sprinter.

Thanks for looking.
later,
James Mathis