 Trains / 7126
Re: New MOC: Funicular Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 18:29:14 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Thomas Main writes:

What is the difference between a funicular and rack rail car?  I
remember seeing this rack train a few months ago:

http://home.t-online.de/home/HeinerBerg/zahn.htm

Is the funicular dragged by cables instead of self-powered?

I think it a funicular is pulled by cables rather than rack.  But, I'm not for
sure.
Maybe "funicular" is a more general name for any type of steep rail car that is
shaped like a parallelogram?

By the way, thanks for pointing out the rack rail car above.  I saw that, too.
Hadn't bookmarked it and am really glad to see it again.

later,
James Mathis