 Trains / 7164
7163  |  7165
Subject:
Funicular conclusion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 15:46:54 GMT

So far we have seen some examples of a funicular railways, let take a look
at them

the first one - don't know how i drives (if at all)

how can they drive:

* 2 tracks and a chain - can probably be done with a wire in Lego
* tooth railway (coqwheel railway) quite good idea, easy to implement in
Lego, but there might be some problems with transferring power to the
vechile (unless it carries its own)
* normal train motor - I would be suprised to see this
* a lego chain under the car and in all the way of the track - simple to
implement, and similar to some cars in amusement parks

Any more suggestions?

I personally tought of the last idea as the simpliest one to implement, as
power is external, and there is probably no problems with the construction.
The coqwheel is (as seen) also possible, but how does it run?

Playing with wires might be possible, but is not that easy I guess. Secondly
that requires 2 track, which requires more space, which I guess is something
we all miss in our layouts.

I have lately been thinking of a another "railway" -  the one with the wire
on top, where the cars hang under - usually used in places for skieing. I'm
still thinking of a good idea to make such one work.

My conclusion
Sonnich