 Trains / 7137
7136  |  7138
Subject:
exterior ducting on SD40-2's?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 12:36:23 GMT

The other day I finally noticed that the base of an SD40-2 is not the
same on both sides. On the side with the bulge that contains the blower,
the base is thick, and it thins out just after reaching the rear truck.
On the other side, the base is the same thickness the entire length of
the engine. So, is the base extra room on one side used to accommodate
the ducts that bring the air to the traction motors?

Just curios,
Thanks,
Chris
--