 Star Wars / *9698 (-100)
  Re: Distaste for Jar-Jar (was: The Censors have won.)

(...) How could you tell? ;-) (...) Back in the mid-90's when Barney-bashing was at its height, I remember hearing about a lot of adults *with* small children who were going crazy from all the Barneymania (uh, the adults, that is...not the kids :-). (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Distaste for Jar-Jar (was: The Censors have won.)

Words obviously spoken by a man without small kids. Barney (and Elmo) is an hour of uninterrupted time in which you can actually get something done. With Elmo or Barney gracing the screen I can supervise with one eye and be doing something else. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Distaste for Jar-Jar (was: The Censors have won.)

(...) Maybe, rather than taking the "offensive" stuff out altogether, something like this could accompany future comic strips right at the beginning, as part of a disclaimer explaining that it is SATIRE against the offensive marketing engine that (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) No, sorry, the capital of the Galactic Empire was Coruscant. (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars part in Life on Mars set?

Not only is it practical financially, but it proves/encourages the multiple use of Lego parts. I was trying to think of other ways to use the Battle Droid bodies before the Martian minifigs (?) came out. Brilliant marketing approach as far as I'm (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: next year

(...) Hope you don't mind me jumping in. There is some evidence that Coruscant, the City Planet, appeared in Leigh Brackett's story conference notes for the first draft of Empire in 1977. The City Planet was one of her favorite motifs, and young (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) It has. My take on canon is that evrey thing that is not DRICTICILY contradicted by a movie or new novel is canon to me (i.e. Ewok movies, kids books(exceped for the Galaxy of Fear and the godawful Hand of Vader seires) comic books (Old and (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) Trantor was the name of the totally urbanized planet in Foundation. Trantor was also capital of the Galactic Empire, another concept found in Star Wars. Actually, now that I think about it, the Jedi and the Sith are a little like the two (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) Ok, let me clear this one up for you. In one of Tim Zahn's books, Luke finds out(from Mara Jade) that Vader's hand was cut off by Palpatine in punishment for his failure at the Death Star. That would have been before SOTME. In SOTME Vader's (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) But half the Star Trek movies had phaser bolts in stead of beams! (They were trying to copy Star Wars, I guess.) (...) Well, not really. A city covered planet just like Courscant appered in Isaac Asimov's Foundion books back in the 50's. He (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

<snip> (...) You are going to bash Anderson over something obscure like that and let Zahn get away with murder? (proverbially speaking) I swear Zahn thought he was writing a Trek novel. Let's see: He gives Luke's X-wing a pathetically inferior (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars part in Life on Mars set?

---...--- (...) Also a trans red one. Gary (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars part in Life on Mars set?

Those yellow things that are on Anakin's pod, show up in some new colours for Alpha team, but I think that has been mentioned elsewhere. ~Adam (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: the future of the star wars line

SNIP!>> (...) SNIP!>> I'm betting the Snow Speeder will be along soon, lots of slopes and a blocky appearance, it wouldn't take a genius to come up with a way to make this good using mostly standard bricks readily available. Plus it's got a very (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: the future of the star wars line

Although, if TLG does do a UCS Naboo Fighter, the Millenium Falcon cockpit piece in clear would do the job quite nicely. Dave (...) how (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars part in Life on Mars set?

(...) I'd be willing to bet that only pieces printed with Star Wars type things, or specific minifig items (Chewbacca "ghost-sheet", Darth Vader's helmet, Stormtrooper helmets, etc) that are copyrighted back to Lucasfilm. After all, in the newest (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: Star Wars part in Life on Mars set?

(...) Those parts have already appeared in the Football/Soccer sets. Steve (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2001)

  Star Wars part in Life on Mars set?

Hi, Did anyone notice the Star Wars laser cannon in <set:7313>? I thought that part would be a strictly-Lucas-Arts part, to be used only in SW sets? Regards, Hakan (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: Starwars Wax Musuem

Thanks. ~Adam (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  MARS GUO'S PODPACER

hey guys, i just updated my site and it now has my MARS GUO'S PODRACER, CLOUD CAR, an mlcad Y-WING, and jay cal's X-WING and Z-95 HEADHUNTER. be sure to check them all out!!! adios, 8^) Brucey-Wan Visit My Site - (URL) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Starwars Wax Musuem

(...) You mean the opaque grey versions of the same brick? They're from the Millenium Falcon set. eric (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Starwars Wax Musuem

Ok, but I meant the things that look like the Gungan windows, but have different printing on them. There are two, one on each side of the Gungan windows. ~Adam (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: the future of the star wars line

(...) Hehehe... duplo... <G> I actually like the Shuttle Lego's putting out, I think it will work well with the rest of the SW Line... but I agree, the fuselage is kind of poor, and I'm a bit disappointed in the tail fin, it should be a solid color. (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Star Wars Contest - Please vote

So here´s the update on my Star Wars Contest: FIRST PRIZE The first prize goes to the "best Star Wars model" and will be judged by you (see how to vote). First prize will be a 7190 Millenium Falcon OR a 7181 UCS TIE Interceptor, whatever the winner (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: When will the new sets be available outside of North America?

Hi! Timothy Carl Buchheim schrieb: (...) Thanks for crushing my hopes ;-) It would have been too good to be true :-( And yesterday I took a look at the LEGO website (am I the only one missing the old product catalog!?) and saw this next to the Movie (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Something not right about Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads?

(...) Call me a stick in the mud, and this may be an unpopular viewpoint. I looked at this, and I looked at the earlier "Mark goes for donuts". I laughed a lot, both times. (I laughed at the E! jarjar mockumentary too.) LOTS of talent went into (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads

(...) Outstanding! not only did we get some excellent closeups of his carrier, we got to see the Spiffcraft AND the best plotline for JarJar yet. If only that scene had been worked into TPM....hehe. Wat to go (again!) Dan! Joel (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: When will the new sets be available outside of North America?

(...) No it is not. This set was a mid-2000 release in Germany and some other countries, but will be a 2001 set in the US. Several other recent sets have been released outside the US before being released here. For example, the 4930 Rock Raiders (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Starwars Wax Musuem

(...) Heh, who doesn't know Scar! She's one of the most famous minifigs around (like Colin & Wanda who are quite well known too!) -Frank (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Starwars Wax Musuem

(...) It's (URL) weren't enough 1x2 grey bricks in my brother's collection so these were used instead :-) -Frank (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads

Bob <cg47@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G3EMFu.GLJ@lugnet.com... <snip> (...) I think the correct Object of Hate was targeted. Timmy is merely idiotic. 'Jar Jar' will end up in the dictionary with a definition like, "unbearably annoying; prone (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Starwars Wax Musuem

That's very cool. I'm curious as to what those pieces are next the the Gungan sub windows? I've never seen those before. ~Adam (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads

Couldn't be, that would make it adult-size child abuse. Then again, the Humane Society will be after the Dipwads anyway for animal abuse. So either way they're in trouble. -Nathan (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: the future of the star wars line

I second that! The Imperial Shuttle is by far the coolest SW ship around...a UCS version is a must after the somewhat disappointing duplo version TLG just made public (7166). Who out there would be a lot more excited about the 2001 shuttle if it (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads

Excellent! Just the sort of thing I'm gonna do once my big MOC is finished. -- Paul Davidson Mark Sandlin <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message news:B626BF70.6455%s...ink.com... (...) LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Starwars Wax Musuem

(...) very original idea! I really like the extra touch of the tourists from town. Although, it looks like Scar's younger sister stopped by. (Check Castle for what the heck I'm talking about you space-heads, you). Sean, The wax pirate (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Starwars Wax Musuem

I have uploaded pictures of a Starwars wax statue museum. It was mainly build by my brother, he collects only the SW sets and wanted to build something different. So he build a museum with wax-statues of the Starwars heroes and villains :-) It was (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) Must make Kessel Run away from Maw of ISD/Enterprise debate..... Jason (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) That was my beef. The Death Star was bad enough, get over it. Come up with something more interesting that has to be defeated. There are other interesting conflicts besides Big Bad Technological Things. (...) That's why I never read them, (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) Yeah, and Luke and Leia start to fall in love and stuff like that... which doesn't work to well with the whole Leia-is-Lukes-sister thing... 'cept in Alabama... ;) (ugh, please don't flame me Alabamans... I didn't really mean it.) -Bryan (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: the future of the star wars line

(...) Well, I dunno about that... the TIE Interceptor wasn't in EP4, in fact I'm pretty sure it didn't appear until EP6... but we've got a UCS set for it. EP4 just had regular TIEs and Vader's TIE. EP5 had TIEs and Bombers. EP6 had TIEs and (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: the future of the star wars line

(...) OMG! How could I have forgotten the Imperial Shuttle? It's my *favorite* ship from the entire SW Universe! Sheesh, I must be losing it. Yes, most definately, a UCS Shuttle is a MUST. The world without one is a cruel dark place. A UCS Star (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) Yeah, the Sun Crusher was kind of cheesy... an ultimate weapon more powerful than the Death Star? Wasn't the Death Star the "ultimate weapon?" The ability to destroy a star, what's next? Whole galaxies? (...) The Jedi Academy books were pretty (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads

(...) Good stuff! In the following scene: (URL) should have been Timmy! (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads

(...) I already have and it is a wonderful bit of work. Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the views of my employer...) BRICKFEST 2001 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads

Hi Everyone, Dan Jassim asked if I would spread the word on this one. He's created a LEGO comic strip and wants everyone to check it out. (URL) "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: next year

It's been quite a while since I read the book, but I seem to remember Vader's arm being chopped off by Luke for one. That doesn't fit with ESB or ROTJ very well. That and the other interactions between Vader and Luke in the book wouldn't fit very (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) I see. (...) Then I will let you off the hook for that statement that flies in the face of on screen evidence. (Must- not- get- sucked- into- debate... AAAAHHHH!) -Lord Insanity (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) these (...) Well unless the policy was changed in the past few months any expansion novel NOT published by Bantam Books is NOT Canon. If Del Rey bought Bantam or vice versa then maybe this has changed. (...) Same reason as above and of course (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: When will the new sets be available outside of North America?

Hi! Jonathan Wilson schrieb: (...) I did some checking and learned, that this set is available in Germany for some time, too. Seems a little bit like the soccer sets which were released half a year earlier here than in North America (due to the vast (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: next year

(...) What about the new (and old) Del Rey books? Kids books? (...) Why not splinter of the mind's eye? (...) Adrick (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  This would be great!

It sure would be great if TLG actually did a set of the Queen's Starship in chrome, but I'm sure they'll chicken out and make it gray. Dave (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) What were they? I read _Splinter_ not too long ago, and don't remember any thing that was directly contradicted. Adrick (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: When will the new sets be available outside of North America?

(...) Given that this set has been available in australia for the past few weeks and us ozzies always get lego next to last I would say that it should be available everywhere. (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: next year

Funny, I know about the other books, but I never tried to read them. Maybe I was saving them for later. (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  When will the new sets be available outside of North America?

Hi! Usually I dont' have any hopes that LEGO sets arrive here before the date in the catalog (and the catalog hasn't been spotted in Germany AFAIK), and even the wonder with the MTT (available at my local TRU a few days before hit the US) didn't (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4th Imperial shuttle figure....

True (but this is a different shuttle -- Palpatine's). -- Paul Davidson Andy Lynch <andy@andyandjackie.com> wrote in message news:00e301c0412e$8b...464@net... (...) in (...) is (...) Flash (...) shield (...) Imperials. (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Didn't Lego state is was to be an "Imperial Year?"

(...) Who at LEGO said that? --Todd (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) That was kind of the point I was making by the non canon comment above... Oh, and the Enterprise beats an ISD any day of the week. 8-) (Just kidding, I don't really want to start this debate!) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: the future of the star wars line

(...) Okay, that was some heavy snippage. A UCS Y-Wing would be so awesome! If it was the same scale as the X-Wing, it would be 56cm, or 22in, or 76studs. :) Any ship from EP4 (the original, not the Special Edition) is more 'important' than almost (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) <gets soap box> If you ever go to the newsgroup alt.startrek.vs.starwars you will be forced to learn this: Lucasfilm's offical policy on canon is: (in order of overruling for contradictions) Movies, Raido Dramas, Novelisations of the Movies, (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: the future of the star wars line

<snip> You forgot the Imperial Shuttle. While I think their System Imperial Shuttle is really awesome (and at a $30 price point too!) I would love one of these in UCS scale. Of course my dream would be for an unlikely $250ish Star Destroyer. -Lord (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Remember this post from me....regarding ATST woes....

(...) This is snipped from my Post on August 13th. Appologies will be accepted in the form of US currency, please mail them to Jason F. 1113 Nott.....ah, never mind. Its punishment enough just looking at that poor set. Jason F. (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) You've nailed Anderson to a T. I can't stand his books, and most of the hard-core SW books fans have never forgiven him for the "editing" job he did on Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina. One of the stories in there (which I think was written (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) No, no, no Star Wars started the craze, Zahn jump-started it. 8-) Jason (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2nd figure in AT-ST

(...) The strongest reason to believe it only comes with one miinifigure is that Tim Saupe over at FBTB says so. His information is very good and always(to my knowledge) correct. After the original list was leaked this summer he came out with the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Some new pics on my site.

Hi Sean! I like the microfig-scale cruiser you built from the speeder parts. Thanks for Sharing! ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 2nd figure in AT-ST

(...) I think the reason that conclusion was arrived at was because typically, Lego will try to show ALL the minifigs included in the set when they take pictures. I expect if the AT-ST came with another figure, the picture would show it either on (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) Wow. It was the second SW book I read (SW:FTALS was the first). (...) Funny, I thought it was the release of "Star Wars" in 1977 that jump-started the Star Wars craze. ;) Steve (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) This is the first book of K. J. Anderson's Jedi Academy Trilogy. Jedi Search, to be precise. Up to date, I've read Empire Trilogy from T. Zahn, Jedi Academy Trilogy from K. J. Anderson, Truce at Bakura from K. M. Tyers, and Bounty Hunter Wars (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: the future of the star wars line

(...) And, lest we all forget, it didn't disappoint even all the people here. I quite like it. eric (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) at (...) Star's End is one of my favorite SW novels for all the reasons you list above- but you are aware it's only the first in a trilogy, right? Yes, you can follow the further adventures of Bollux and Blue Max through Han Solo's Revenge and (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) Ah, I see what you mean. :D (...) I can't remember which book it was in, but when I got to the one with the Sun Crusher, I pretty much stopped. In the middle of the book. That was the last one I read. (...) I read the Hier to the Empire (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) Ok, ok! But that's not the point! Is it too much to ask for a theme that DOES NOT have space ships and rockets and isn't based on a movie? There aren't even any new Town sets (unless you count the Alpha Team) for crying out loud! What happend (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) When I rechecked all the sets introduced under the name of "technic" (it has some clues in it isn't it?..:-) during the whole 22 years, I saw that I can't agree you. The whole idea behind the Lego is "building things out of pieces -- nothing (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: next year

<SNIP> I think that the Zahn trilogy would make a great Episodes VII-IX if (...) I like the look of the new Jedi books, but haven't had the time to read anything, let alone something new. Maybe will all of these reccomendations I'll change that. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Some new pics on my site.

Hey all, Just posted a few new pictures. Too few as most of the roll came out way too fuzzy to post. Grrr, 35mm cameras...grrr... At least I get a digital camera out of all my complaining. Aren't wives great? One picture is of two Star Wars (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.starwars)

  2nd figure in AT-ST

I must have missed the post that said that chewie was the only figure in the AT-ST set. Can some one please show me that post or tell me how everyone came to that conclusion. Thanks Michael (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) If you ever go back and read the "old" SW novels, you might pick up Han Solo at Star's End. This is possibly the only SW fiction subject to f=ma. Fighter pilots feel g-forces when turning, occupants of rockets enjoy free-fall. There is no (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars novels (Was: next year)

In lugnet.starwars, Jason Maxwell writes: <Snip> (...) I agree. Most of the novels are worth reading (Thrawn Trilogy, X-Wing series, etc)and the caracters and back-stories are fairly consistent (Avoid Children of the Jedi and The Crystal Star at (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: the future of the star wars line

In lugnet.starwars, Jonathan Lill writes: <snipped and tucked> (...) There's one thing Lego could do to make every single one of us buy several of these sets while keeping the price point the same... include a Stormtrooper or two... :) (...) It's (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: the future of the star wars line

(...) Twice the price, or $20, can be too much when we're looking at gifts-to-get-the-kid...oy-section consumer goods... Besides, a correction. It has disappointed a SMALL portion of their audience. While important to TLG for several reasons (ideas, (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) Merci senior Muffin Head. -Bryan (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) Right, the storyline of _Splinter of the Minds Eye_ is actually quite good. I suppose Lucas did ignore it in a matter of speaking. What I meant by he didn't exactly "ignore" it is that in my mind there was never anything for him to ignore... (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) Splinter is one of the few books I haven't read. I've read everything that was published since the Zahn trilogy kind of jump-started the Star Wars craze (well, except for the two new Agents of Chaos series books that are waiting on my (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: the future of the star wars line

(...) Twice the price will still only be $20 or so. And kids may like it but it has disappointed a large portion of their audience. (...) The royal cruiser is a good bet for the next major set since it would have to include the Queen( and isn't her (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) <snip> Alan Dean Foster. FYI ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: the future of the star wars line

(...) 200 pieces is at least twice the price, given the price per piece. Yes, from our perspective it might be a mistake. I'm sure loads of kids will like it, though. (...) Actually, given the release pattern so far, wouldn't the most logical big (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) Interesting. I read _Splinter_ in something like the 4th or 5th grade for the first time, and I hadn't ever heard any of the above. I like the novel a lot, for what it is... and if memory serves, there are things that are directly contradicted (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: the future of the star wars line

(...) Not very far from base as the probe droid had already transmitted images of the power generator back to the imperials (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: the future of the star wars line

(...) Hey, that reminds me. In Empire, when Han and Chewie confront the Probe Droid and blow it up, how did they get to and from the encounter site? And how far from the base were they? Dave! (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes: <SNIPPED> (...) _Splinter of the Mind's Eye_ was concieved and written under contract by the same guy who ghost-wrote the novelization of the original movie for George Lucas. The reason for it was that in the (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Didn't Lego state is was to be an "Imperial Year?"

(...) Actually, I want Watto, just in a lower cost set. >:o -- Andrew, Agent 0007 (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Didn't Lego state is was to be an "Imperial Year?"

(...) For UCS I'm putting my money on a Falcon, a TIE, an Imperial shuttle, and a Star Destroyer. Since there's no real scale to worry about with UCS sets, all of these are possible, and would make sense due to the "recognition factor." With any (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  the future of the star wars line

this is speculation on my part but concerns things I like to think about while waiting for new sets to come out. I do not consider myself a builder, but mainly a set collector and so I like to think about what sets Lego is most likely to come out (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) Funny you should mention that, I had actually typed out a bit about the legendary third trilogy and deleted it as being less than on topic (along with a few other things). I do know that the third trilogy was about the rise of the New Republic (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes: <Snip> (...) Rumour has it that the 3rd trilogy would have taken place about 25 years after the battle of Endor. The New Republic would be facing a dark new threat and the story would have been centered around (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Didn't Lego state is was to be an "Imperial Year?"

(...) I'd actually be suprised if they offer a Tie Bomber - again, not a tremendous recognition factor among non-enthusiasts. Granted, the Tie-Interceptor probably has less recognition than the standard Tie, but it also has better "lines," i.e. it's (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Didn't Lego state is was to be an "Imperial Year?"

(...) I agree with you, but I think they will release them in pairs, like the Xwing and Tie Interceptor. These two are not comparable in performance as the TIE-Interceptor was designed to go against the Awing, so they are not pairing them up by a (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) The "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." line is, in fact, meant to mean that this all happened a long time ago from when we are now, and in a galaxy far, far away from where we are now. That was meant to give it a thrust of (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact