 Star Wars / 9658
Re: the future of the star wars line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 17:05:14 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Bliss writes:

Okay, that was some heavy snippage.

A UCS Y-Wing would be so awesome!  If it was the same scale as the X-Wing,
it would be 56cm, or 22in, or 76studs.  :)

Any ship from EP4 (the original, not the Special Edition) is more
'important' than almost any other ship from one of the other movies.  I bet
the UCS sets are heavily slanted toward EP4 and EP1.  Assuming they make
more UCS sets.

Steve

Well, I dunno about that... the TIE Interceptor wasn't in EP4, in fact I'm
pretty sure it didn't appear until EP6... but we've got a UCS set for it.

EP4 just had regular TIEs and Vader's TIE.  EP5 had TIEs and Bombers.  EP6
had TIEs and Interceptors.  Vader's TIE was (supposedly) a prototype for the
TIE Advanced, which never appeared in the movies.

Anyway, my guess is we'll see some of the other ships before we see a
Y-Wing, but who knows?  I agree a Y-Wing would flick some bass though... <G>

-Bryan