 Star Wars / 9637
Re: the future of the star wars line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 21:38:52 GMT

<snip>

You forgot the Imperial Shuttle.  While I think their System Imperial Shuttle
is really awesome (and at a $30 price point too!) I would love one of these in
UCS scale.  Of course my dream would be for an unlikely $250ish Star Destroyer.

-Lord Insanity.

Lego's gotta stretch the "original" line out until 2007, or seriously hope
that Eps II and III have lots and lots of different vehicles.  This being
the case, I suspect we'll see a UCS Sith Infiltrator along with the others
you've mentioned.  Of course if they only release two UCS sets a year (like
they did in 2000) that's only 14 more...

Lessee, 14... hmmm...

Millenium Falcon
TIE Fighter
A-Wing
B-Wing
Speeder Bike
Snow Speeder
AT-ST
AT-AT
Slave 1

that's 9, if we stretch:
TIE Bomber
Blockade Runner
Vader's TIE Fighter
Star Destroyer
Y-Wing

There... 14.  I suppose Lego can get by only doing "classic" UCS sets.  Of
course there's still a Medical Frigate, Mon Calamarian Cruiser, Dreadnaught
Transport (rebels escape in from Hoth,) Super Star Destroyer, Death Star, DS
2, Jawa Sandcrawler, Escape Pod, Landspeeder, and Bespin Cloud Car (did I
forget anything?) That brings the total up to 25.

Then there's the vehicles that make a cameo: Swoop Bike, T-16 Skyhopper,
Lars Family Speeder, and The Outrider.  That makes a total of 29 possible
UCS sets all from the "classic" line.  I didn't include the Ewok Hanglider
because I don't think it would be an effective UCS set, or the Imperial
Probe Droid (which would be awesome at about 1/10 scale, but I don't know if
Lego would do it.)  It's possible I forgot something, that was all I could
think of off the top of my head.

I personally hope that Lego does some Star Wars sculptures... I would love a
bust of Darth Vader, a Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, Yoda, or Darth Maul made out
of Legos... :)

-Bryan