 Star Wars / 9852
Re: the future of the star wars line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 00:42:11 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Bryan Hodges writes:

EP4 just had regular TIEs and Vader's TIE.  EP5 had TIEs and Bombers.  EP6
had TIEs and Interceptors.  Vader's TIE was (supposedly) a prototype for the
TIE Advanced, which never appeared in the movies.

I think they might appear very briefly in one scene in ESB.  About 20 minutes
into the movie, Vader is looking out a window in his star destroyer when two
TIEs fly by, following different paths.  They both have angled wings, like
Vader's TIE from EP4.  It's hard for me to tell on my TV since they disappear
so fast, but I believe they are too small to be TIE bombers.

Jeff J