 Star Wars / 9613
Re: the future of the star wars line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 22:17:35 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Thomas Weigle writes:

200 pieces is at least twice the price, given the price per piece.
Yes, from our perspective it might be a mistake.
I'm sure loads of kids will like it, though.

Twice the price will still only be $20 or so. And kids may like it but it
has disappointed a large portion of their audience.

Actually, given the release pattern so far, wouldn't the most logical big
set for 2001 be the Naboo Cruiser?

The  royal cruiser is a good bet for the next major set since it would have
to include the Queen( and isn't her outfit in the "his name is Artoo" scene
the same one pictured in the logo?) but could also include captain
Tanaka(sp?) and Ric Olie(sp?)

the coruscant taxi I've got doubts about

yeah I do too, but I was inspired by Jay Cal's MOC

You're right I did forget about possible epi I UCS sets but I'm not sure how
likely it is compared to epi 4-6 models. The smoother rounded surfaces of
the naboo crafts would be problematic. The AAT is a good possibility. I am
expecting a lower priced UCS like the speederbike or STAP fighter to come
out first.