 Star Wars / 9640
Re: next year
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 23:33:25 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mike Petrucelli writes:
and while [starwars novels] are not canon, they do
a pretty good job of being consistant between each other, especially since
there are probably a dozen authors involved.  Much better than the Star Trek
novels for example in which characters back stories change faster than warp
speed.

<gets soap box>

If you ever go to the newsgroup alt.startrek.vs.starwars you will be forced to
learn this:

Lucasfilm's offical policy on canon is: (in order of overruling for
contradictions)  Movies, Raido Dramas, Novelisations of the Movies, Expansion
novels published by Bantam Books, Comics published by Dark Horse.  All of these
ARE CANON. Everything else (droids cartoon, ewoks cartoon, star wars christmas
special, splinter of the mind's eye, ect.) ARE NOT canon.

Paramount's offical policy on canon is: The newest show/movie takes precedence
over older material. Everything else includeing all novels except two by
Voyager's producer are NOT CANON.

<puts away soap box>

-Lord Insanity

That was kind of the point I was making by the non canon comment above...

Oh, and the Enterprise beats an ISD any day of the week.  8-)  (Just
kidding, I don't really want to start this debate!)