 Star Wars / 9602
Re: next year
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 20:23:43 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:
<Snip>
know the rumor/urban legend that the set of 9 movies would end with R2-D2
and C-3PO talking to each other about their adventures but there's been no
canonical (sp?) proof of that.  Just MHO.

Lucas did say, at the time that he said there would be three trilogies, that
the only characters that would appear in all 9 movies would be R2-D2 and C-3PO,
and what we'd end up with is a history of a period of great change in the
galaxy, as witnessed by two rather unassuming and seemingly unimportant Droids.
I like this concept for the cycle, but Lucas has changed his mind, it seems.

So far, only four characters have appeared in all 4 movies- the two droids,
Obi-Wan, and Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader.

Since Lucas has apparently decided that there will only be 6 movies, and they
will focus on the rise, fall, and saving of Anakin Skywalker, it seems unlikely
that either Anakin or Obi-Wan won't appear in Episodes II or III.

eric

Rumour has it that the 3rd trilogy would have taken place about 25 years
after the battle of Endor. The New Republic would be facing a dark new
threat and the story would have been centered around Jacen, Jaina and Anakin
(The Organa-Solo kids). If this sounds familiar, it is because it is the
story arc around The New Jedi Order series of Novels. Do you think Lucas
would have permitted Del Rey Books to publish (and presumebly expand) the
3rd trilogy since he decided not to make movies?

Kev Z