 Star Wars / 9601
Re: Didn't Lego state is was to be an "Imperial Year?"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 20:20:01 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jason Fabisch writes:
I agree with you, but I think they will release them in pairs, like the
Xwing and Tie Interceptor.  These two are not comparable in performance as
the TIE-Interceptor was designed to go against the Awing, so they are not
pairing them up by a likeness pattern.  However, they seem to be pairing
them up by price.  This is smart so that they are not all expensive at the
same time.  So I figure on a price point organization.  So I will have to
say the next 5 would be Awing, Ywing, Bwing, TIE Fighter, and TIE Bomber.
Seeing that the Awing would be smaller set($100.00), we need a $150.00 set.
So I will go with the TIE Bomber.  Then, next year, B-Wing and TIE Fighter.
Why no Y-Wing.  I think they will have trouble douplicating the back
portions of the thrusters.  So that is my guess.  Awing and TIE Bomber.

I'd actually be suprised if they offer a Tie Bomber - again, not a tremendous
recognition factor among non-enthusiasts.  Granted, the Tie-Interceptor probably
has less recognition than the standard Tie, but it also has better "lines," i.e.
it's tapered wings give it a more interesting appearance perhaps.  I agree with
you that we'll get the B-Wing, but I also think that the Bespin Cloud-Car and
the Land Speeder are good possibilities.