 Star Wars / 9691
Re: next year
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 06:30:03 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Adrick Tolliver writes:

Of coure Courscant was Zahn's idea

Well, not really.  A city covered planet just like Courscant appered in
Isaac Asimov's Foundion books back in the 50's.  He "invented" blasters for
his books too.

Adrick

Trantor was the name of the totally urbanized planet in Foundation. Trantor was
also capital of the Galactic Empire, another concept found in Star Wars.
Actually, now that I think about it, the Jedi and the Sith are a little like
the two Foundations, with the mind powers and all. Anyway, I don't think
originality is what makes Star Wars great, but it is important to remember good
old sci-fi like Asimov, Bradbury, and Heinlein.
-Marc