 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *3059 (-100)
  BrickOS & LinuxUSB & lnpd

(i had a few problems to post, so this msg is a little too late...) Hi, i am new to brickOS, (since christmas) and i have one of those fancy RCX2.0 bricks with an USB IR-Tower. I am using debian and have little experiences with usb and (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: USB IR tower support in Lunix

Hi, I got the USB IR-tower to work under linux using the same patch Florian used. I also sent an updated patch that applies to 0.2.6.09 to the original author of the patch. However I have to caution that the said patch only works with UHCI hubs that (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Communication between RCX's with BrickOS

...Problem Solved #include <lnp/lnp-logical.h> lnp_logical_range(1); I set the IR transmission range to far and everything works fine. It seems the issue was that the RCX's are not facing eachother and depend on bouncing mesages off a wall. I'm (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  makedepend variable in Makefiles

While attempting to build brickOS under DJGPP I noticed a few discrepancies across the makefiles using the variable makedepend. Under the directories boot, demo, demo/c++ for the .depend rule it uses the variable $(MAKEDEPEND) while the makefiles in (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Communication between RCX's with BrickOS

Hello Everyone, I have been working on a dual RCX robot for quite some time now, and have just recently upgraded to BrickOS. At first I attempted to used the LNP communication functions, such as lnp_adressing_write. I am not an expert, and I got (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: USB IR tower support in Lunix

(...) Good! (...) I posted via the web-interface, I guess one needs a javascript browser for that. I like the navigation of the webinterface within threads. (...) Ah, very good! Does it also support the high-speed mode ? (...) Sounds like a good (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: USB IR tower support in Lunix

(...) I just got the USB tower to work. At least, for downloading the BrickOS.srec kernel. I think I have to hack some more today to find a way to let 'dll' work with the /dev/tower0 device. I used the devicedriver at (URL) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Float and int

(...) For most brick projects I can think of, it is. If you want to travel your robot around, you will have to deal with sin, cos, tan and square root. First thing you can do is working with tables to avoid "on the fly" sin calculation. Second, you (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Float and int

(...) I'm doing a seminar at BricksWest on fixed point notation and simple algorithms for square root, trig, etc for BrickOS and pbForth users. The focus will be on the mechanics of the algorithms, the actual code implementation will be a "exercise (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Float and int

(...) Mabie Fixed Point is an answer. I dont know how it works but I have a book that suggests that a decent Fixed Point library can be faster than Floating Point if there isnt an FPU available. (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Float and int

(...) You should look in the gnu gcc compiler documentation for this. Float support is not OS but compiler specific. As I recall, gcc uses IEEE float format, the specification should be found somewhere in the net. But doing float with the brick is (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Float and int

(...) int is 16 bits, big endian, signed. It goes from -32768 to 32767. unsigned int goes from 0 to 65535. char is 8, long is 32, long long is 64, with the standard limits. Floats and doubles are emulated in software, as the H8/300 processor has no (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Float and int

Does anyone know what the maximum and minimum size of integer which can be stored is? Likewise, what is the floating point accuracy of BrickOS for variables of type "float" and "double" (is there such thing in BrickOS?) ? Both of these questions (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  USB IR tower support in Lunix

I have seen some past messages in this forum regarding the support for the USB IR tower in the Linux version of BrickOS. However, it seems that nothing have been added recently to the CVS tree at SourceForge. Is somebody working on this project (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: linker segmentation fault

(...) Workaround attached. Brickos maintainers: Any comments? Maybe put something vaguely like it into CVS? Max. (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  linker segmentation fault

I'm running Red Hat Linux 8.0 (gcc 3.2 and binutils 2.13). Whe I try to compile the demos that come with brickOS 0.2.6.09, using binutils 2.12.91 for the cross-linker and gcc 3.2.1 as cross-compiler, the linker crashes. Here is the output of the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS Threading...

(...) To tell you the truth, I'm not exactly sure how the BrickOS PWM works, but I do know the standard RCX PWM simply switches the motors between ON and FLOAT, which will not slow the motor down, when it switches from a high power, to a lower (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: sys_time (long post)

Only a suggestion, In any processor architecture (with or without disabling or recursive interrupts) when I need to read timers with more than 1 single instruction I do the following: Read the timer (both low and high value) until I get 2 times the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: sys_time (long post)

(...) I went back and read... I was missing something apparently... Note to self... do not skim. -Kekoa (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: sys_time (long post)

Does the H8 let an interrupt interrupt an interrupt? (Or at least the interrupts that matter in this case?) You two might want to check on that. It would seem the code is safe if the answer to the first question is no... ? Maybe I'm missing (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS Threading...

Joe, (...) Maybe a special kernel build for testing purposes that increments the lower sys_time word by 0x4000 instead of 1. This will greatly increase the opportunity for this glitch to occur (from once every 65 seconds to once every 4ms.) You (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS Threading...

Steve, I checked in some changes this morning (into cvs) to put the motor controller back at the 1 ms interval. However, I want to complete the get_sys_time() updates that Mark Riley has proposed; so that can be tested as well. I am not sure when (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: sys_time (long post)

(...) It turns out that the nature of the glitch depends on the order you read the upper and lower 16-bits of sys_time. If the compiler generates code that reads the high word first (which it seems to do), then your example will work. However, if (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS Threading...

(...) In trying to balance an RCX on two wheels, every little bit makes a difference. I didn't think it would matter quite that much, but my robot really shakes more with the new version. Thanks for the work, Steve (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  setjmp/longjmp for brickOS

Hi all, I am currently attending to a lecture in real time system on my university and we were assigned the homework to do exception handling in C on the RCX using setjmp and longjmp. Of course those are not available in brickOS so that task (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS Threading...

(...) <snip> (...) Steve, Yes, infact I had tested a couple different applications with the motor controller being called every 1 ms and the same ones with a 2 ms interval. I didn't see a difference with those applications, but did recognize the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS Threading...

(...) ... (...) This change seem to improve things. Can I change it back to the way it was before? Thanks Steve (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: sys_time (long post)

Mark, Excellent Post ! Ok, I will admit it; I was the one that put the sys_time handler on the NMI. 8-) I guess I will want to think about this a bit; but I see that you have done a good bit of that yourself. ... Could the 'Get' function do the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Win98 cygwin USB installation

Hi Collin, This post by John Hansen fixed things for me: (URL) Spencer" <cspencer@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote in message news:H71CzB.Ipu@lugnet.com... (...) USB (...) them or (...) to (...) the (...) the (...) USB (...) that (...) the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Win98 cygwin USB installation

Ok, I think I figured it out...I don't completely understand the logistics of makefiles, but I changed the following line in Makefile.common: Before: CFLAGS = -O2 -Wall After: CFLAGS += -O2 -Wall I suspect that a later assignment to CFLAGS was (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Win98 cygwin USB installation

Hello, I recently bought the LEGO mindstorms Invention System kit and I am trying to get brickOS v0.2.6 working on my PC (Win98). I also have the USB tower. So far, I have found 4 bugs in the current script. I was able to fix 3 them or work around (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS Threading...

The motor handler is only called once ever 2ms in the latest version of BrickOS (as opposed to every 1ms in earlier versions). This is a fairly recent change and it could be causing a "granularity" type problem with certain speed settings in your (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BrickOS Threading...

I'm having a problem, and I hope someone can help me. I've been running winLegOS, and I've switched to the latest version of BrickOS. I created a way to control the motors, which will reliably speed them up, and slow them down by using different (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  sys_time (long post)

As I was poking around in the BrickOS kernel, it occurred to me that using the sys_time variable isn't entirely safe. Since sys_time is 32-bits and the processor can only read 16-bits at a time into a register, there is a period of time between the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Cygwin under Virtual PC on OS X

(...) David, I was not sure how you tried to build the cross compiler but I know that Apple provides several gnu tools that work under Darwin. Darwin from my understanding is the underlying code for the Mac OS X (See FAQ at (URL) So one might be (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Cygwin under Virtual PC on OS X

Oops, Sorry if I accidentally gave anyone false hope, I ment to say: I have not found any cross compiler packages for LegOS or the Hitachi H8 that are buildable under OS X (but would love to find one). Anyone know of any? (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Installation Help!

Max, Aha! I did that and it got a lot further this time, but still failed. I'll have to wade through the log file to try and pinpoint where it went wrong as I don't want to post the whole 180k. Thanks for your help! Andy -----Original Message----- (...) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Installation Help!

(...) You need to install the Cygwin gcc package. You need the normal Cygwin gcc to build the Cygwin->H8300 cross-compiler gcc. Max. (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: installation of cygwin and legos/brickos

John, It looks as if you don't have the cross compiler or it is is not in a known directory. Try searching your entire hard drive for h8300. That might bring something up. You should have either tired to build the cross compiler or downloaded it (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Installation Help!

Thanks for the info! I checked and I do have grep installed. But I did not install anything other than was listed. I initially tried to install everything but the download died after a couple of hours on my T1 connection. Would some kind person with (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Installation Help!

(...) Hi Max, I got: $ gcc -v BASH: gcc: command not found but the command I am running to get all this output is the buildgcc.sh command to build gcc. Andy (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: installation of cygwin and legos/brickos

(...) Saw this problem before. You might check older mails in this newsgroup discussing that. Running brickOS under Linux I don't know much about the cygwin problems. But your makefile assumes that the c compiler can be run with the command "cc" (...) (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: installation of cygwin and legos/brickos

John, What version of legOS are you using? Looking at the code below it seems to indicate that you are using legOS ver 0.2.6 (unless in the newer versions of brickOS we forgot to change a directory name). I am also going to gues that you are using (...) (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  installation of cygwin and legos/brickos

I have previously reported problems in installing cygwin and legos, and have tried again to get this up and running. I believe that cygwin is not properly installed and have included information here on all modules included and error messages when I (...) (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: New Threading Model in legOS 0.2.5

(...) One can view an English translation using Babel here, (URL) goto (URL) and enter the url (URL) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  New Threading Model in legOS 0.2.5

Hi In our diploma work we implemented a completely new threading model. We implemented a subset of the pthreads API as it is available in Linux. Now eventhandling has also been improved. One negative point: we did not yet adabt dynamic program (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Installation Help!

(...) ... (...) I have built the h8300 cross compilers many times now. It was hard at first, but now I've nailed down the correct set of options, I have no problems. Here are the commands I use: First: export PATH=/h8x/bin:$PATH Binutils: (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Installation Help!

(...) Are you *sure* you installed gcc ? Try 'gcc -v' from a Cygwin prompt, and post the output. Max. (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Installation Help!

Hello I am certainly not an expert, and have not yet been successful in installing BrickOS myself. But I have some experience in one of the messages that you are getting: (...) I believe that if you are using the instructions as listed at (URL) that (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Installation Help!

Hi, I'm sorry if this has already been posted a million times before. I tried using te search for some of the errors I am seeing but I couldn't find any matches. It is failing when I try to build the gcc compiler. I'm following the installation (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS and latest binutils

(...) The $-sign before symbol addresses was accidentaly removed when that bit of code was re-written to fix a different bug. It's now back. (...) Not really. I may have overstated that. Basically, it involves some moderately complex interactions (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS and latest binutils

(...) What's the change? Has the symbolsrec format reverted to the one used before? (...) Why a COFF guru? To understand the h8300-coff format? Sorry if these are stupid questions. Just curious. (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Motor LCD arrows bug

In BrickOS 0.2.6.08, there's a minor bug where the LCD arrows misbehave when the motor direction is set to brake. I believe the intention is to turn both direction arrows on when the output is in the brake state. However, what happens is that only (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  brickOS and latest binutils (1 issue now fixed in binutils CVS, and workaround patch to brickOS for the other)

The "invalid symbolsrec file" issue (error from makelx) issue is now fixed in binutils CVS, both on the trunk, and on the 2.13 branch - so the next release of binutils, be it 2.13.2 or 2.14 will have this fixed. The "ld segmentation fault" issue is (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Lindows

(...) Yes, it should. It works on my system a debian testing. cheers, Pieter (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Lindows

(...) More specifically, it's based on Debian/GNU Linux. Which in turn, means that the prepackaged brickOS for Debian works. You can download the four packages by chasing links found at: (URL) (Debian maintainer for brickOS) -- Stephen M. Moraco (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Lindows

since it is based on linux, BrickOS should work on it, right? Timothy (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: C Compiler for Windows 98

One thing I can tell you is that you need to add c:\cygwin\bin to your path (autoexec.bat) Also, when you try to download a program, instead of just using util/dll try ./util/dll I'm sure John will have other suggestions. You really need to get (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: C Compiler for Windows 98

Thanks for the help! Sorry, but I have been out of town for Turkey Day and haven't had a chance to give it a try. Now I'm back, and the hair (which I've pulled out trying to get this thing to work) is starting to grow back and I would really like to (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Cygwin under Virtual PC on OS X

David Chen <nospam-dcchen@pacbe...et-nospam> wrote in message news:nospam-dcchen-F...net.com... (...) David, What steps or instructions are you following to build the cross compiler on OS X? And from what source are you getting the cross compiler (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000) and Memory Space 0xFDB0-0xFD7F

This note is of interest to people who build their own RCX firmware. It provides some additiional insight to the recent post concerning dual use of upper memory range and the motor control register. There's a trade-off between real time performance (...) (22 years ago, 1-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Linker crashing

(...) Known problem. Search this newsgroup. Last known working version: binutils-2.12. I've been fiddling with this recently, and believe it to be caused by something writing outside a malloced block, and trashing malloc's control information. (...) (22 years ago, 1-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Linker crashing

I recently built binutils 2.13 for h8300-hitachi-hms target (default configuration otherwise) under Mandrake-Linux 9.0. When I use ld to generate an S-record file, it crashes ("Segmentation fault"), but still produces valid output. However, this (...) (22 years ago, 1-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Suggestion: Provide precompiled Cygwin h8300 gcc+binutils, downloadable via Cygwin setup.

Compiling your own compiler is undoubtably the hardest barrier of entry to brickos. I suggest that the h8300 binutils and gcc be distributed as Cygwin packages from the brickos website. This would simplify the install to merely running Cygwin setup, (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS 0.2.6 installation problems - a better way?

(...) Thanks Max, I have now got the latest version of BrickOS and will try to reinstall cygwin. Thanks for your help. John. (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS 0.2.6 installation problems - a better way?

(...) Weird. Sounds like your install of Cygwin is corrupt. Max. (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS 0.2.6 installation problems - a better way?

(...) Thanks Max, in running the instructions mentioned above, I entered the following in a bash shell, with the following responses. Sorry about the volume of this but it is all there. Any answers would be appreciated. $ cd /legos-0.2.6 $ make (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000)

The lugnet registration takes forever :) After reading this post a light went on in my head. A few weeks ago I wrote a multi-threaded program for the RCX (about 7 threads, each running an endless loop). When I added one more thread, the robot (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS 0.2.6 installation problems - a better way?

(...) Yes, the install of LegOS/BrickOS is quite difficult for those of us who have never used Unix/Linix. Once you've downloaded the cygwin tools, I believe you can change versions of LegOS/BrickOS without much problem. You don't need to DL more (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS 0.2.6 installation problems - a better way?

(...) Specifics would be helpful. Max. (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS 0.2.6 installation problems - a better way?

I have been trying Set up LegOS for some time now. My first attempt using winlegOS was installed but I then found out then that it could not communicate via my usb tower. I then decided to go for the full installation of Cygwin and legos0.2.6 and (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Polling sensor values with wait_event

Thomas, I had a thought about this situation. You could write a function that sets a flag when the event is triggered, do nothing otherwise. You could call this function from within each of the tasks you write (at a somewhat high frequency ... say (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problem building gcc for brickOS-02.6.09 installation under windows xp

Marko, <snip> (...) You can simply decompress the files from the archive at: (URL) are already built and nearly ready to use. Once they are decompressed, I believe you just run the BrickOS configure script; then you should be ready to go. // Joe (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problem building gcc for brickOS-02.6.09 installation under windows xp

Hello John, thanks for your help. I have found the link and I will reinstall cygwin. Since I am a 'beginner' here, are there any guidelines for me how to work with the prebuild binaries? As I say, I have no unix experiences and would need to know (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problem building gcc for brickOS-02.6.09 installation under windows xp

(...) Your cygwin installation is not working correctly. You shouldn't be experiencing any instabality as a result of running cygwin & unix commands. I would uninstall cygwin and try reinstalling it. And then I would not try to build the gcc cross (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Cygwin under Virtual PC on OS X

Having no luck getting BrickOS and the cross compiler package to build under Mac OS X 10.2.2, I thought I'd try moving my previously working djgpp directories and LegOS 0.2.4 directories to a Virtual PC DOS session...only to remember that djgpp (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: problem building gcc for brickOS-02.6.09 installation under windows xp

(...) Don't try to build it yourself in Windows - you'll go insane. Download the prebuilt binaries. (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  problem building gcc for brickOS-02.6.09 installation under windows xp

I am trying to install brickOS-02.6.09 under Windows XP using the latest instructions (version 1.2, 19.09.02). When building the gcc compiler I get the attached errors. Afterwards I notice that I constantly get 'permission denied' when I type any (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Polling sensor values with wait_event

Hi Joe, Thanks for your reply, I guess that is the solution to use in this case. I'll still just get values every 20ms. By changing the timeslice I could have this go a bit faster though. Thomas (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Polling sensor values with wait_event

Thomas, You are mostly correct. However, keep in mind that tasks with the same priority get checked in turn. The first task in the priority chain does not get undo precedence over the others in the same priority level. Example: Tasks A, B and C all (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Polling sensor values with wait_event

Hello all, Is it true that the wakeup function is only checked once every timeslice and only for the process that has the highest priority and is at the front of the priority chain? For example, a process k is waiting on the wakeup function y wich (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BricxCC release 3.3.6.6

BricxCC version 3.3.6.6 is now available. This release enhances the support for brickOS introduced in the previous release. 1. brickOS programs comprised of multiple files residing in the same directory can now be compiled. See View/Project Manager (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS 0.2.6.09

(...) Now, I remember what I did. I spend the weekend fighting with the install for BrickOS, and I got both these errors (makedepend & font...) because at some point in my messing, I skipped the makedepend and went on. I just need to do this (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS 0.2.6.09

(...) I've never needed to do a make depend to get brickOS to function properly on my machine. I still don't have makedepend installed and everything is working fine. John Hansen (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Installing BrickOS 0.2.6.09.newConf2

(...) Unfortunately, that won't fix the bug because later on it says: CFLAGS=-O2 -Wall which will ignore the existing value of CFLAGS. The best fix for cygwin and newConf2 is to change the line in the ifdef BUILDING_HOST_UTILS section to be (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: C Compiler for Windows 98

(...) It is much simpler to download the pre-built Hitachi H8 tools than it is to try and build the cross-compiler under cygwin. (URL) them under your cygwin directory. Extract the brickOS release under cygwin. Run ./configure from the BASH shell (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS 0.2.6.09

Can someone tell me what part of the XFree86 stuff has the makedepend? I decided to upgrade to the latest version of BrickOS, and I'm having the same problem. Thanks Steve ----- Original Message ----- Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 23:15:00 GMT To: (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: C Compiler for Windows 98

(...) Your compiler isn't the problem. The .o file is being generated by the compiler. Either the makefile is bad or makelx is barfing. Sorry if I can't help more, since I use Linux. Use cygwin - I think it's www.cygwin.com. (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: C Compiler for Windows 98

I don't know if this will help you at all, but, I found that C progams need all the variables declared at the beggining of the program, and this became quite annoying because of my experence with C++. So I asked someone who might know... In BrickOS (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  C Compiler for Windows 98

I have been using NQC for some time now and would like to move up to C++ programing with LegOS or BrickOS. I have spent many hours following the instructions on (URL) success in getting a working system. I have decided to try WinLegOS as suggested (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Installing BrickOS 0.2.6.09.newConf2

(...) Its a bug, fixed in the cvs version of brickOS, I believe. For now, adding: CFLAGS+=-D_WIN32 to the top of Makefile.common might work. I can't test it, because I don't have the h8300 compiler set up at the moment. -- Max. (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Installing BrickOS 0.2.6.09.newConf2

Hi, I tried to install brickos 0.2.6.09.newConf2 using the (URL) tutorial, everything goes kind of smoothly untill i have to type make strip in /brickos-0.2.6.09.newConf2/util cygwin responds with: $ make strip strip fontdesign.exe strip: (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP-problem...

(...) Hi, I'm Pieter and working with Tom on a project. I 've tried you're code but it doesn't work. To me the problem seems to be with lnpd. Here is it's log of the session. 0:Info > created lock file /var/lock/LCK..ttyS0 233:Info > running in (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Why...

  Re: LNP-problem...

That looks ok to me. But I'm no expert on LNP. Here's a clip I use. It looks a lot like what you're using. It seems there may be a problem with your receive code. I'm REAL shaky on that. What does fputs do? ---- char *s; s = "101"; if (strlen(s)>0) (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP-problem...

(...) ok this is the (relevant) code running on the rcx: int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { char *p; init(); execi(&PacketWatcher, 0, NULL, PRIO_NORMAL, DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE); execi(&Messenger, 0, NULL, PRIO_LOWEST, DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE); return 0; } (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000)

(...) It's the one I meant, thanks. Jürgen (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Why...

Nick, Setting the timeslice to a low number (5ms is fairly low), negetively effects overall system performance. Time used by the operating system for task switching is taken away from applications. If a switch takes .5ms (for example) and you switch (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Why...

  Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000)

(...) Yeah, I missed that, I'll add that to the notes. (...) Too bad they didn't document the hole well enough to make it obvious to the people at Lego, who apparently had no idea. They use "mov.w rx,@0xf000:16" all over the place instead of the (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact