 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3012
Re: Installation Help!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 00:00:28 GMT

Andrew Ayre <andy@britishideas.com> wrote:

Hi,
I'm sorry if this has already been posted a million times before. I
tried using te search for some of the errors I am seeing but I
couldn't find any matches. It is failing when I try to build the gcc
compiler. I'm following the installation instructions on
sourceforge.net for Cygwin using Win9x. I installed Cygwin with the
packages listed. I would appriciate any help with this. Note that I
cut out the source code installation output from below as it appeared
to work just fine. Thanks!

Andy

Wed Dec 4 01:40:53 2002 Source code installation end
Building binutils-2.10.1...
Wed Dec 4 01:40:54 2002 Binutils configuration start
Configuring for a i586-pc-cygwin host.
Created "Makefile" in /build/binutils using "mh-frag"
cc: not found
*** The command 'cc -o conftest -g   conftest.c' failed.
*** You must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler.

Are you *sure* you installed gcc ?

Try 'gcc -v' from a Cygwin prompt, and post the output.

Max.