 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3020
Re: Installation Help!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 16:44:25 GMT

Thanks for the info!

I checked and I do have grep installed. But I did not install anything other
than was listed. I initially tried to install everything but the download
died after a couple of hours on my T1 connection.

Would some kind person with a working minimal installation of Cygwin please
post which modules you have installed? It appears you can find this out by
running setup.exe, choosing install from local directory, then changing the
view to Full.

I think I will keep trying at this for a while more before attempting the
prebuilt version of gcc.

Andy

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Richard Gildersleeve writes:
Hello

I am certainly not an expert, and have not yet been successful in installing
BrickOS myself.  But I have some experience in one of the messages that you
are getting:

h8300-hitachi-hms-gcc -E
checking for sys/file.h... grep: conftest.out: No such file or directory

I believe that if you are using the instructions as listed at
http://brickos.sourceforge.net/docs/INSTALL-cygwin.html that you many have
not chosen all of the modules when installing cygwin.  On the instructions
is listed the minimium modules required.  You need to select all of these
(such as grep).  I also found that you need to have at least some of the
"default" modules.

I have also been directed to a site to directly download Hitachi tools
without actually building the compiler.  That site is
http://semiconductor.hitachi.com/tools/2000r1_i686-cygwin32-x-h8300-hms.zip

But I believe you need a complete working copy of cygwin before this will work.

Good Luck!!!  Still hoping that someday I will be able to get it running myself.

Richard Gildersleeve