 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2982
2981  |  2983
Subject:
problem building gcc for brickOS-02.6.09 installation under windows xp
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:31:27 GMT

I am trying to install brickOS-02.6.09 under Windows XP using the latest
instructions (version 1.2, 19.09.02). When building the gcc compiler I get
the attached errors. Afterwards I notice that I constantly get 'permission
denied' when I type any unix command. Also, the Windows system gets unstable
and has to be rebooted.

Does anybody have an idea what the source of the problem could be here?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards, Marko Ortmueller.

checking for getuid... yes
checking for getgid... yes
checking whether strstr must be declared... no
checking whether malloc must be declared... no
checking whether realloc must be declared... no
checking whether free must be declared... no
checking whether getenv must be declared... no
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for getpagesize... (cached) yes
/build/binutils-2.10.1/bfd/configure: Cannot fork: Permission denied
checking for working mmap... (cached) no
checking for madvise... no
checking for mprotect... /build/binutils-2.10.1/bfd/configure: Cannot fork: Perm
ission denied
Configure in /build/binutils/bfd failed, exiting.
./buildgcc.sh: line 1: /usr/bin/date: Permission denied
Binutils configuration end
./buildgcc.sh: line 121: /usr/bin/tee: Permission denied
./buildgcc.sh: line 122: /usr/bin/make: Permission denied
./buildgcc.sh: fork: Permission denied