 Robotics / 19582
19581  |  19583
Subject:
BricxCC release 3.3.6.6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 21:26:17 GMT

BricxCC version 3.3.6.6 is now available.

This release enhances the support for brickOS introduced in the previous
release.

1. brickOS programs comprised of multiple files residing in the same
directory can now be compiled.  See View/Project Manager for a simple
mechanism for defining which files should be associated with the currently
active source file (which should be the file containing your main function).
If you are using brickOS on cygwin with projects consisting of multiple
files I would appreciate feedback regarding how well BricxCC works in your
situation.

2. Error messages from the GNU compilers are now reported in a manner
similar to that used by the NQC & MindScript compilers.  It isn't perfect,
but it is mostly functional.  If you want to see compiler warnings make sure
the Makefile template (defined via the Preferences dialog) does not set
CFLAGS+=-w (which turns off compiler warnings).  Currently, linker errors
are not properly reported.  See the Full Errors dialog for the entire output
from the compiler/linker.

3. The brickOS API (both C & Pascal) are more fully supported by the Code
Completion feature.  Further enhancements/modifications may be forthcoming,
depending on the feedback I receive.

Also included in this release is a Parameter hint feature for the NQC API &
the brickOS API.  This can be launched manually via Ctrl+Shift+Space or
automatically after typing an open parenthesis character.

I am looking for a good mirror site for my BricxCC page.  I've never setup a
mirror before.  If you are experienced with such things and are interested
in becoming a mirror site for BricxCC please let me know.

John Hansen
http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/bricxcc.htm