 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3002
Re: C Compiler for Windows 98
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 03:37:38 GMT

One thing I can tell you is that you need to add c:\cygwin\bin to your path (autoexec.bat)

Also, when you try to download a program, instead of just using util/dll try ./util/dll

I'm sure John will have other suggestions.

You really need to get BrickOS working before you try using BricxCC, but once you get them both working, it's very nice...

Steve

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Gildersleeve" <rgildersleeve@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 03:21:12 GMT
To: lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: C Compiler for Windows 98

Thanks for the help!  Sorry, but I have been out of town for Turkey Day and
haven't had a chance to give it a try.  Now I'm back, and the hair (which
I've pulled out trying to get this thing to work) is starting to grow back
and I would really like to get this working.

I reloaded cygwin (with the modules listed at
http://brickos.sourceforge.net/docs/INSTALL-cygwin.html).  I then downloaded
the Hitachi H8 Tools zip file from the site you directed me to.  I unzipped
these into my cygwin directory.  I then used "tar xvfz" to extract
brickos-0.2.6.09.newConf2.tar.gz also into cygwin directory.  I then ran
./configure which seemed to work fine.  I went to edit my makefile.common as
you directed but could find nothing like CFLAG... or BUILDING_HOST... in it.
I then ran:

make realclean
make depend
make

without any apparent trouble.  When I ran "make strip" I got a
"fontdesign.exe: No such file or directory" error.

When I then attempt to download the kernel I get a "No such file or
directory error".

I am able to write a program and save in a directory as myCode/myProgram.c
(and save a copy of Makefile in the myCode directory).  I can then run "make
myProgram.lx" which seems to work and produces myProgram.lx and myProgram.o.

When I attempt to use "util/dll myCode/myProgram.lx" I again get a "No such
file or directory" error message.

I have added a path to
d:\cygwin;d:\cygwin\brickos-0.2.6.09.newConf2;d:\cygwin\brickos-0.2.6.09.newConf2\boot
in autoexec.bat

I have also tried using BricxCC 3.3.6.6.  With this I seem to be downloading
brickOS.srec but after it reaches the end gives a message that "download was
unsuccessful" although on the RCX it appears to have downloaded.

When I try to compile a C++ program with BricxCC I get a "Unable to create
process"  It appears to be attempting to make a .cmd file (shouldn't it be a
.lx) using bash but is unable to find bash.  Am I suppose to put a copy of
Bash in the BRICXCC directory?

I think I am getting closer but still have not got a successfully running
BrickOS.

Really appreciate any (more) help.

Richard Gildersleeve