 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3049
Re: Float and int
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:57:23 GMT

Ralph Clark wrote:

Likewise, what is the floating point accuracy of BrickOS for variables of
type "float" and "double" (is there such thing in BrickOS?) ?

You should look in the gnu gcc compiler documentation for this. Float
support is not OS but compiler specific. As I recall, gcc uses IEEE
float format, the specification should be found somewhere in the net.

But doing float with the brick is s-l-o-w, better avoid it if you can.

Regards,

Michael