 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3035
3034  |  3036
Subject:
setjmp/longjmp for brickOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 09:12:11 GMT

Hi all,

I am currently attending to a lecture in real time system on my university
and we were assigned the homework to do exception handling in C on
the RCX using setjmp and longjmp. Of course those are not available in
brickOS so that task relieved to implementing exception handling on a ANSI
C system.

Being a hacker I did not want to accept that those functions are not
available in brickOS so I went to implement it. Took me a while to read on
H8/300 assembler but it seems I got it working.

As I don't want this stuff to be just on my hard disk here is the source
code. It would be great if somebody had some use for it. Perhaps it would
even be suitable to include it in the next release?

Argh, seems like lugnet does not accept attachments. You can download
the diff at

        http://www.ifg.uni-kiel.de/~torsten/brickOS/

Thanks for all your good work

        Torsten