 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3054
Re: USB IR tower support in Lunix
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 15:34:34 GMT

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 04:20:11PM +0100, Florian Schmidt wrote:
hi,

i've tried to post to the forum, but the news-server doens't accept my posting,
dont know why...

i've also managed to get USB working under linux with brickos.

dll and firmdl works.

Good!

i also got lnpd to work with the linux-usb-device-file .. (i had to
implement the select-syscall)...

i can make a few patches if you are interessted.

i would sent a mail to the newsgroup if i could...

I posted via the web-interface, I guess one needs a javascript browser
for that. I like the navigation of the webinterface within threads.

i had a usb patch to legOS wich worked with 0.2.6 from fs.net.
i modified this patch to apply to brickos-0.2.6.09
with this i had a working firmdl3 and dll.

then i wanted to use lnpd, but the lnpd uses select an the usb-
device files doesn't support the select call.

i implemented the select-syscall an now lnp works. dll and firmdl are still
working too :))

Ah, very good! Does it also support the high-speed mode ?

now i can use the simpler dll delivered with lnpd to upload my programs using
the lnpd.

Sounds like a good setup. Can you send me your buildenvironment
(tarball), source etc, so that I can get it working ?
On the long-term, I get the impression legos needs a good maintainer
to integrate all these patches and tools. I'd like to get my LegoCam
working as well, and write some lnpd software to give feedback to
the rcx.

Mark-Jan