 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3029
3028  |  3030
Subject:
Win98 cygwin USB installation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 02:16:23 GMT

Hello, I recently bought the LEGO mindstorms Invention System kit and I am
trying to get brickOS v0.2.6 working on my PC (Win98).  I also have the USB
tower.

So far, I have found 4 bugs in the current script.  I was able to fix 3 them or
work around them.

1.    .\configure has to be run after make realclean
2.    unix2dos *.* must be performed in the \build\include\sys directory
3.    make fontdesign has to be run before running 'make strip'

The fourth bug I am not sure how to fix.  I will read the code some more to
figure out what is going on.  I have a USB port on my PC, so I followed the
instructions at the end to use the USB tower:

"If you have the IR tower connected to a different com port you can change the
default with the instruction: "export RCXTTY=COMx". NOTE: if you have a USB
tower this is "export RCXTTY=USB""

However, when I did this, I get the following error when running

./firmdl3 ../boot/legos.srec

USB: No such file or directory

After glancing at the makefile and the source for firmdl3, it is apparent that
_WIN32 is not being defined in the make process despite its presence in the
Makefile:

#^M
#  BEGIN-configuration insert (do not remove this line)^M
# -------------------------------------------------------
TOOLPREFIX=/usr/local/bin/h8300-hitachi-hms-
SED_SFLAG=
EXT=.exe
CC=gcc
CFLAGS+=-D_WIN32
MAKEDEPEND=$(CC) -M
BRICKOS_ROOT=/cygdrive/h/brickos-0.2.6.09.newConf2
#  END-configuration insert  (do not remove this line)^M

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this error?  Thanks.