 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3028
Re: BrickOS Threading...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 22:29:15 GMT

The motor handler is only called once ever 2ms in
the latest version of BrickOS (as opposed to every
1ms in earlier versions).  This is a fairly recent change
and it could be causing a "granularity" type problem
with certain speed settings in your code.

Maybe try something like:

  MotorRunningValue = ((sys_time >> 1) & 7);

and see if this gets you more predictable behaviour.

Also, I assume you included the following
somewhere:

  motor_a_speed(MAX_SPEED);
  motor_c_speed(MAX_SPEED);

Other than that, like your subject line says, it could
be a threading issue - quite a bit of that has changed, too.

HTH,

Mark