 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2972
Re: C Compiler for Windows 98
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 23:24:31 GMT

Richard Gildersleeve wrote:

I have been using NQC for some time now and would like to move up to C++
programing with LegOS or BrickOS.  I have spent many hours following the
instructions on http://brickos.sourceforge.net/docs/INSTALL-cygwin.html
without success in getting a working system.

I have decided to try WinLegOS as suggested in the instructions as an
alternative.  I have been able to load and run the program including being
able to download working demo programs to my RCX.

My problem now is that I don't seem to have a Complier to compile my C++
programs.  I write a program and save it as myProgram.c then when I run
"make myProgram.lx" I get a myProgram.o file but no .lx file.

Reading the instructions at www.noga.de/LegOS it appears that I need a
special Compiler for Windows.  When I click on the link to apparently
download the compiler with instructions I get nothing.  Apparently the
link is broken.

Could someone direct me to somwhere that I might get a C++ compiler for
Windows that would work with LegOS.

Thanks much

Richard
Your compiler isn't the problem. The .o file is being generated by the
compiler. Either the makefile is bad or makelx is barfing. Sorry if I can't
help more, since I use Linux. Use cygwin - I think it's www.cygwin.com.